1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused/worried AuxiumHD50 owner

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by DJ Splendid, Jul 21, 2005.

1. DJ Splendid

DJ Splendid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi chaps,

I've been using these forums as my quick reference quide to things AV for ages, but I'm not much for contributing due to knowing only what you've already posted :D

Currently, I'm considering storming into Comet to pull some poor wage slave's lungs out over my perceived issue with the lack of HDTV spec stuff on my Sagem Auxium HD50.

As I understand it so far, HiDef streams can be fed into my TV thru the DVI input. The problem is that my only HD source is a PAL xbox (I've got NTSC-enable issue covered and the offical MS HiDef kit is allledgedly on its way to me atm). This little combo will terminated in component outs though I think.

So, do i need to invest in an electronic shoehorn for the component output -> DVI input route, or do I go make war with the unfeeling commerical machine? If I take the shoehorn route, will i suffer some sort of (noticable) AV-quality penulty?

Please help.

Can some kind soul also clarify where HDCP fits in (ive onyl vaguely gathered that it is some recent standard affecting copyright protection for streams goign thru an HDCP compliant connection).

Thanks for your time.

2. marker

marker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your fine with the comps for your modded x-box m8, games in 720p will blow you away and you will never go back to normal pal after playing it once.. Get XBMC for your x-box and use it to upscale your dvds to 720p, looks great....

hdcp is the new copyright scheme that is going to be used to protect material, basically the two machines need to communicate with each other before they will show the pic, your dvi port is hdcp enabled so no worries there..

Your HD50 is ready to go m8 and is a great screen, just enjoy it and dont worry about anything else thats coming out...

3. sprattgraham

sprattgraham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    The Sagem HD-D50 is not HDCP enabled. The 50" will take hidef through AV6/AV7 with no problems and it also works through the DVI as long as it is not using HDCP.

4. marker

marker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    That Sagem doing a HDCP upgrade story has been going round for a while but never came to anything iirc. I'm quite sure the TV accepts the necessary signals HD, it just won't allow a HDCP connection. The HDCD connection bit is imortant for Sky HD and HD-DVD who will have copyright protected material that will ONLY allow a HDCP connection, via DVI. No other connection will work. However, there are boxes that are available that remove HDCP :D I'd not worry yourself over it, by the time you come to actually needing one these boxes will be everywhere. If not just come back to this forum!!

6. DJ Splendid

DJ Splendid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ahhhaaa, so many things just clicked into place following on from what you've said and a bit more research plus a call to Sagem.

You're all geniuses- cheers fellas.

I'll just plug SAGEM at this point becasue they REALLY impressed me on the phone. If they made cars/food/beer I'd buy it all from them. Top chaps.

I wonder if they'll make fembots before I die.

Hmmm...

7. marker

marker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What did they say to you?

8. DJ Splendid

DJ Splendid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well, firstly i was straight thru to a human (who coudltn help but put me thru to one who could). THey then completed sympathised, and put me straight on a few issues, together with arrangin to contact me to sort the upgrade :)

all very polite and 'customer centric' i felt. top stuff.

on a differnt note entirely,

ive set my xbox up and am enjoying the extra picture quality. Having said that, I only seem to be gettign a picture from Evox; NOT the basic dashboard.

atm its set to go thru AV7 (progressive) and I ticked the 480p and 720p options in the dash when i originally got thru to it. played a dvd thru XBMC and confirmed the resolution etc (16:9, 720x480). Halo 2 defo looks better (though it isn't the awesome jump of quality i perhaps mistakenly expected)

I originally had it going through AV6 (interlaced) with 1080i ticked, but that screwed up evox. Once id gone into the dash to sitch 1080 off (and the other modes on, replugging to AV7) i lost the basic dash.

bit confused. Any ideas chaps?

9. DJ Splendid

DJ Splendid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    foudn the trigger trick- no joy

not having prog/interlaced on teh same input really screws this :/

BAD AUXIUM NAUGHTY AUXIUM

Gamma settings all fekked (on halo 2 for eg.) since i got it working the second time ( i broke it and fixed it messign aroudn since last post..)