Confused, what plasma should I buy with £1500?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by krissb, Dec 26, 2006.

1. krissb

krissb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: help.... I want to spend upto £1500 all in for a 42" or larger plasma, but there are so many available I have no idea what is the best buy. I have a xbox 360 a HD-DVD player and soon to get Sky HD, so will need plenty of the right connections, please give me your advice on what to buy, I just cant choose.....

Thanks

2. nitram_tpr

nitram_tpr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    I've been doing a fair amount of research recently and I would say you have a choice of 2.

1. The Panny TH42-PX600, this has 3 HDMI connections, which will be enough for your needs.

2. The Pioneer PDP-427XD, this has 2 HDMI connections and a component, so again enough for your needs.

Both of these panels can be had for less than £1500 if you shop around.:thumbsup:

Do some searching and come up with your own conclusions, but I feel you too will whittle the panels down to these two.

The Panny apparently has issues with purple snaking and the Pioneer apparently has issues with HDMI connectivity to a SKY HD box :rolleyes: So read up well.

3. daveha

daveha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I like the look of the Panasonic TH50PX60. A full 50" monster, :clap: that can be had for just under £1600 if you look around (www.pricerunner .co.uk).

Good luck.

Dave

4. Vega_04

Vega_04

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Personally I'd stay clear of the panny's if you've got a 360 some people have had some nasty looking green tinge with them Not all but some. I'm looking at plasmas and it has to be the pio for me, so far I haven't heard of any major issues with it. There are a lot coming through with the pannys but that could just be because more people have them.

5. niceguy235uk

niceguy235uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +286
    Try and find a plasma tv that hasn't had issues with it.

Panny and Pio are my choices to look at. I did end up with a Panny, but thats only because a friend of mine owns a Retail outlet and always does me a fantastic deal.

At the end of the day, they all have their own faults/merits and of course warranties, so it will come down to what you think is best for you.

Try and get down your local retailer and see them in the flesh.

Thsi time of year there will be some fantastic deals around and you may end up with enough change in your pocket for other things!

6. krissb

krissb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for all your help... Ill keep researching. Thanks:thumbsup:

7. krissb

krissb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have come across the Philips 42PF5521D which looks good, anyone got any feedback on this?

Thanks

8. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    I would buy the Panasonic 50PX60 Pedestal/Wall model. That is the best 50" under 2k :)

9. krissb

krissb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really want the 1080i or p so that it can handle full HD... :)