Confused! Sony KD55XF9005 or KD55XG8505BU or KD55XG8796BU

tf19

Standard Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
There is a big difference in quality, the two XG models are only comparable in price right now since they have just been released and carry a large premium.

The Sony XF9005 is the go-to choice if you want as much HDR performance for the cash but arguably at only a little more the LG B8 OLED is the king of value right now.

Ok thanks so the XF9005 is the one then.

I dont want an OLED as I worry about burn in due to the fact I watch the same channels with their logos on alot.

The LG OLEDs have an auto logo dimming feature to help with that, there is a lot of misinformation out there with the OLEDs, I wrote a thread about it here: OLED Burn In Risk

If you feel you will still be at risk then the next best to the B8 is the Sony XF9005 or Samsung Q8DN LCDs.

Assuming you do not need wide viewing angles and you want a 55".

Thanks for your advice.

I'll mainly only be watching football 4K from Sky Q so would there really be much of a difference between the XF9005 and B8?

Thanks for your advice.

I'll mainly only be watching football 4K from Sky Q so would there really be much of a difference between the XF9005 and B8?

I’d venture the Sony will be better for sports content. It’s renowned for its motion settings.

B8 would be better for movies/dark room viewing.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom