1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused re iScan HD Software Version

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by PaulCaden, Jun 9, 2005.

1. PaulCaden

PaulCaden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just set up my iScan HD noticed there were discrepencies between options shown in the manual and what was actually available on the unit e.g. the last option on the Input Adjust menu is DVI Input; VCR and Film Modes are missing.

Checking on the info panel, the software version is 1.09-2.3-1.07. The DVDO support page shows the latest version as being HD-5.6-1.42. I bought this unit on eBay and was told that it was about twelve months old but that difference in versions seems quite large.

Am I reading the version numbers wrong on my unit?

2. Josh@dvdo

Josh@dvdo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Version 1.07 (the last 3 #s are the software version) is the original software that the iScan HD shipped with. I recommend that you download the newest version, 1.42, from www.dvdo.com/update.

3. PaulCaden

PaulCaden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Ah. Thanks...

Now all I have to do is figure out how I can update the software using my Apple Mac. I think buying a PC just for doing the upgrade would be a tad over the top! :D