1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused! please help

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by doodar, Jan 15, 2005.

1. doodar

doodar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have just taken possession of my panasonic dmr-e95h, it's great, but i just can't seem to get the cabling right!

i have an oldish panasonic qunitrix tv with AV1 and AV2 sockets, a sony dav-sc5 home cinema system, a sky digibox and the dmr-e95h

could someone please tell me, or point me to a website that might be able to help me, how i connect these so that i can watch sky through AV1 and have my dmr through AV2. i seem to have tried every possibility but can only view sky via A1 on the dmr, or on channel 6 on the tv which is nowhere near as good a picture as when i used to view it from AV1 on the tv. also i'm pretty sure that 5.1 dvds played on the dmr are not being output in 5.1 aaaaaggggggggghhhhhhh

hope i don't sound like a complete idiot, look forward to hearing your comments

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As only the AV1 socket on your TV is likely to be RGB enabled I would suggest connecting the TV scart on the Sky Box to the DVD recorder and a second scart from the DVD recorder to AV1 on the TV so that both will share the same scart socket.

To get 5.1 sound from DVDs you will need to connect the DVD recorder to the DAV using an optical cable

3. doodar

doodar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for that, i'll give it a go, but does that mean if i'm watching sky i'll have to turn the dvd recorder off?