1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused over best settings for my Runco 940 (Barco 708)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ScottMcDonald, Jan 22, 2005.

1. ScottMcDonald

Standard Member

Jan 20, 2005
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Bountiful, Utah
    So here goes, I'm just a little confused. With what all of you experts out there...I'm just a novice....what would you suggest for settings for my runco 940. My Screen is 16:9 96"wide and 53" Tall. My projector is ceiling mounted. I'm using a HTPC with a 3200+ AMD XP, and an AIW 9600XT AGP....

I watch 95% DVD's in my theater. Don't have HDTV...only cable...to watch a rare sporting event. My current settings of 1280 x 720 using powerstrip are good but seem soft. I use FFDshow to resize and sharpen but doesn't seem to make any difference...yes using Lancoz X4. I've tried 800 x 600 but with this resolution what should I be resizing with FFDshow? Or do I just give up on resizing and ffdshow? Closeups of Faces are extremely clear and lifelike. Flesh tone is great....but medium to distance shots become very soft. I may just be expecting too much for this projector....I feel like I got a great deal on it....it only had 133 hours and I got it for $1750...but had to buy the mounting bracket for $200 so $1950 US. I'm now at 560 hours since May of 2004 Install date. I think I may try one more complete setup from scratch starting with my Raster settings to Convergence. By the way my Frequency settings are 72hz at 600 x 800 and 64 hz at 1280 x 720. Well off to tinkering ......Thanks for any replies....they are appreciated!

Scott McDonald :thumbsup: