1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused, LG or Samsung

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Zeggi, Sep 20, 2005.

1. Zeggi

Zeggi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    LG 42PX4RV or Samsung 42S5HX

according to the specs the samsung should be better but according to the stores they say that the LG looks better, comparing both next to each other the LG rules they say... now after reading the forum i hear that the LG does the job very good, OK i know that thoose 2 plasmas are different in many ways, specs and Priceing. the place im going to buy the plasma is from a local store technistore.se and well lets just say that thoose 2 are the ones that im thinking of unless i find any other plasma, the price range im thinking is Tops 2800e and only from technistore.se

ive read alot in this forum and well everyone seems to give the LG plasma alot of creds, while the samsung well you all know, all say panny or any otherbrand. if im right the LG's black colors arent that good, a bit greyish... i was going to go around a few stores and check em out with my own eyes. i guess thats the best way to find out if a plasma is good or not.

I would also like to know what i should look for in a plasma. is contrast and light important or not? or is it higher res only you should look for?

whats most important, i mean im actually not planing on using the plasma for my pc unless it really looks good with my laptop which has old connecters,
    i will use it more for analog tv and some digital tv, ps2,xbox,ngc,ps3,xbox360 use. but mostl analog tv.

i was thining of using a few movies to test with, any you can recomend,
    i was thinking of thoose > finding nemo, waterworld, matrix, shreek and ice age.

thanks for any posts