Confused Denon Owner Atmos

Dirk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, I’m going round in circles in disappearing up my own behind on this.

I have a denon 4700 in a 7.1.4 config with the additional power amp.

Nvidea shield as source for most things. When I stream atmos Netflix which audio setting on the denon should I select or is there an automatic best efforts to make use of all my speakers?

And also a setting for non atmos 5.1?

I had selected neural x but not sure if I should.

Thanks in advance

Hello, I’m going round in circles in disappearing up my own behind on this.

I have a denon 4700 in a 7.1.4 config with the additional power amp.

Nvidea shield as source for most things. When I stream atmos Netflix which audio setting on the denon should I select or is there an automatic best efforts to make use of all my speakers?

And also a setting for non atmos 5.1?

I had selected neural x but not sure if I should.

Thanks in advance

If it's an Atmos signal then it should automatically switch to that. If it isn't then press the green movie button and manually switch it to Atmos. Once done it will remember that for that Input.

As for other formats, up to you really. Dolby Surround would be my choice over DTS Neural-X but you could also try Auro 3D if your speaker layout supports it.

Some PCM signals may also show as Multichannel PCM on the front display and you can also add processing to that to upmix to your other speakers if you want. Dolby Surround, DTS Neural-X etc.

One thing I would do is make sure Loudness Management is switched off. When you're listening to a Dolby signal go into the main menu to Audio - Surround Parameters - Loudness Management and turn it off. By default it's usually on.

Last edited:
If it's an Atmos signal then it should automatically switch to that. If it isn't then press the green movie button and manually switch it to Atmos. Once done it will remember that for that Input.

As for other formats, up to you really. Dolby Surround would be my choice over DTS Neural-X but you could also try Auro 3D if your speaker layout supports it.

Some PCM signals may also show as Multichannel PCM on the front display and you can also add processing to that to upmix to your other speakers if you want. Dolby Surround, DTS Neural-X etc.

One thing I would do is make sure Loudness Management is switched off. When you're listening to a Dolby signal go into the main menu to Audio - Surround Parameters - Loudness Management and turn it off. By default it's usually on.
Thanks!

What a difference.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom