1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

confused as hell

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by pad, Oct 19, 2005.

1. pad

pad
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can someone please tell me if its worth buying a full "HD Ready TV". Looking into the "HD Compatable" it looks like this can handle the HD res (1024) over Component. Is this true ? , if so whats that point of full HD (apart from it being digital instead of analouge).

Basically I have been offered a Tiny plasma cheap (750 quid). Whats peoples experirnces of these ? .

Next option is to buy A HD Compatable TV ...

The most expensive is to buy a full HD READY... but I dont see what I would get from this apart from knowing im future proof.

Can someone help me out here. Why would I pay 500 quid extra for Full HD ready ?

2. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    Mate, can I suggest you a) use the search function and b) never go within a million miles of a Tiny if you can help it. There are hundreds of pages here with regards peoples nightmares with Tiny.......there is also a huge amount of info about what is HD ready and what is HD compatible.

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
  4. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    pad,

Welcome to the forum! MEP is one of the "good guys" on here. Someone is trying to rip you off with that Tiny - avoid it like the plague. MEP's suggestion that you use the search function may have seemed harsh but it is good advice.

5. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +460
    sorry Pad, didn't mean to be harsh :)

6. Lionheart

Lionheart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DONT BUY A TINY DONT BUY A TINY DONT BUY A TINY....Hi Pad...so glad you told us before you went ahead to buy.....all it would be useful for is for mounting on the wall so you had somewhere to drape your socks to dry....welcome to the forum btw :)

7. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    And anyone who says that pile of poop is even HD compatible is having a larf... Even at £750 it's simply not worth the grief. Mep speaks from personal experience, but has now thoughourly seen the light. If you need a cheapie, ie must have a plasma but have no money, try Hyundai, or an old model LG, or look in classified here. Someone might well be on the upgrade path, and a 1 careful owner Panasonic might well be within budget.