Confused about what's the new 65" model

Daddy k

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm debating if I should splash out an extra £2500 for a 65" oled over my £4000 samsung js9000 led.
I've had 2 units I've not been happy with due to torch light on one, clouding on another. Other than that the pic is amazing.

Another poster is also going for his 2nd or 3rd! It seems the ones sent to be reviewed must of had a much better QC system in place

Anyway over on these and avs oled forums to someone just looking at dipping there toes into this segment it's confusing as to what actually is the new 4k oled?

Am I right in thinking some places listing the new one but now all links are removed and instead they're pushing last years us model on is this year?...... But that model was also supposed to be with us last year but didn't materialise?

The page for the 65'' 960 on John Lewis has gone completely........ this morning.
Yesterday the link was there, but there was no page behind it. Today nothing.

This is very worrying for a set that was due out in 2 weeks....

Its looking like "if u want 65''', u can have the 6 month old one that the Americans have moved on from now"

IMO you should only start to worry if:

a.) John Lewis put up a 65EC970 (2014 Model) page very soon
b.) LG take down the 65EG960 from their own website (like they did with the flat EF models when it was apparent they were going to be released MUCH later in the year)

Neither has happened so far. JL may have taken the page down because at the very least, it needed amendments; it's not on sale yet, yet the page implied it was available, just out of stock, it could well be put back up with "Coming Soon". The original price was also lower than what was rumoured, so that might be another issue.

Worst case scenario, I just think it'd be a bad move for LG to only release the 65EC970 here for the immediate future. Most of people in the market for an OLED will do their research first and see it's an older model with issues, just can't see them shifting many at the current price. would be better off selling it at £4500-5000, acting as a more affordable entry-point into 65" 4K OLED ownership for those who can't spend £6k+ on a TV. Also ensures the two sets can be sold together without fighting each other. Still, HDTVtest seem to think both models will be available shortly and they were spot on with the 55EG release, so I'm keeping optimistic. Hopefully we should have a better idea of what's happening by mid-April-ish time.

If we dont get a 65'' inch 960 here and get the 970 instead...... what are its "perceived" shortcomings......?

Shud i get the 970 if i want 65'' or sit on it till they bring 65'' 9670 to the UK..?

18efy5hmya9rejpg.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom