Confused about the setup for multichannel use.

T

Tonvanrijn

For use in 5.1 channel mode there is a (audio) setup menu in my Marantz DV7600. There I can set the level for the speakers, the distance and the size.
However I have the same kind of menu in my (Yamaha RX-V757) receiver. I already made the appropiate adjustments for speaker size, level and distance there.
Is it still necessary to do the same adjustments in the dvd player or can I leave the values at the default ones ?

I think the setup in the DVD player is for when your using the built in decoder and outputting the signal via the analogue 5.1 phono conections, if your using a digital output from the DVD either optical or coaxial then use the setup built into the reciever ...thats what ive always done anyway so i hope it right :)

Andy

But would that mean that the settings, made on the receiver for speaker size and distance, are bypassed when using 5.1/multichannel input ?

Tonvanrijn said:
But would that mean that the settings, made on the receiver for speaker size and distance, are bypassed when using 5.1/multichannel input ?

Usually, when the receiver is set to the multi-channel analog inputs, all decoding, processing, and channel options are set through the source device. As such, your settings on your receiver will be negated. Set all your settings through your DVD player.

Though, it has been many years since I have done multi-channel analog audio, so I could be completely wrong.

You are completely right :thumbsup:

Note that it'll require an analog multi channel connection between DVD and receiver (it won't pass over any already existing digital link but I guess this is obvious).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom