Confused about SHARP LC-26GA5E

D

darthfrede

Hi,
This is my first ever post on this brilliant forum.

I'm considering buying the Sharp LC-26GA5E LCD-screen. However, I have a few questions about it, which I can't find a definite answer for on the net. I know alot of you'll probably say something like: "Buy the 4ESE" in stead. But my tv has to fit on a 75cm-shelf, so that's impossible with the speakers.

Question 1) This screen DOES support progressive scan through component, doesn't it? I haven't been able to find a definite answer. Some sites list it as "not supporting progressive scan", while others say it does. I REALLY need an answer on this one.

Question 2) What kind of errors should I expect (and accept) from this screen? Bleeding? A loud fan? Buzzing backlight? I'm really interrested in any errors inheirent (sp?) in this model. Errors that doesn't mean the screen is actually faulty.

Question 3) Does it have a decent picture?

I would really appreciate any help on these questions. :lease:

darthfrede said:
Question 1) This screen DOES support progressive scan through composite, doesn't it? I haven't been able to find a definite answer. Some sites list it as "not supporting progressive scan", while others say it does. I REALLY need an answer on this one.

I belive you mean component and not composite. ;)

Moogle said:
I belive you mean component and not composite. ;)

Course I did... :oops:

Thanks
(but I still REALLY need an answer to it)

Hi

Wait for the Sharp GAE6, its out in the next few weeks, beechmans have the 32" model listed for £922.00.

Regards

Thanks... but like I said, I don't have room for anything larger than a 26" screen (with the speakers at the bottom), and I can't afford a brand new model. So, does ANYONE have any info on the GA5E?

The GA6 is avaiable in 26".

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom