Confused about Qlink and Panny recorders

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by azzo, Aug 11, 2004.

1. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Ok, I cannot find this out anywhere.
    Got a panny E85 and thinking about getting one of their IDTVs.
    I would like to use Qlink for direct tv record/auto switch on blah blah. I would also like to trigger recordings from the TVs EPG.
    However, the TV Qlink is on AV2.
    Am I right in saying the recorder's Qlink is on AV1?, but the EXT LINK trigger functions are on AV2. So does this mean the two cannot be used together.
    This cannot be right?
    Also trying to add a PACE digi box...
    Thanks Azzo

2. Nelviticus

Nelviticus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    As long as you connect your SCART cable to the Q-link socket on the TV and the Q-link socket on the recorder you'll be fine. Q-link will work between the TV and the recorder and, separately, ext link will work between the Pace box and the recorder.

3. azzo

azzo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Thanks for your response, my difficulty is, however, the QLink socket on the TV is usually not RGB!
    I think I will be getting a panasonic TV anyway and gather that most of these link facilities are compatiable so It does not really matter about brands.
    Knd Rgds
    Azzo.

4. timeshock!

timeshock!

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Panasonic IDTV with panny dmr e55 dvd recorder. I am having difficulty recording as the manual suggests AV1 on TV to AV1 on recorder. when the TV is in standby and timer is set it only records the sound. However with AV2 on tv to AV1 on DVD it works. Just I have to set timers on both machines. Just looking at the AV1 in/out instructions for you, the TV has Audio/Video in/ out, RGB in, q-link. AV2 Audio/video in/out, S-video in, q-link
    I think you may be better off with your seperate pace box.
    I am too new to this game and will experiment for a while to get it working as I believe it should.
    regards,
    Timeshock!