Question Confused About LG B6 and C6 Input Lag Differences?

JPace

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read from updated reviews that the C6 has a input lag of around 34ms whereas the B6 has a input lag of 28ms on the latest firmware?

I thought the two TVs were essentially the same?

Looking at LGs website, it seems they have different firmware for the two TVs with the B6 seeming to have a “newer version” that’s ends in .10 whereas the C6 ends in .05.

Can anyone confirm if the C6 can also match the B6 at 28ms input lag?

Are there any other major differences, I know the C6 has 3D and is curved but also only has 3 HDMI ports ...

Any help clearing this up will help massively.

Thanks!

B6 has realtek chip and C6 has LG in house chip. B6 chip is faster with everything else but 4:4:4 input.

B6 has realtek chip and C6 has LG in house chip. B6 chip is faster with everything else but 4:4:4 input.

What would the 4:4:4 input be used for?

I would only be gaming using PS4 Pro and Xbox One S and soon the X.

Finally,

Any disadvantages of the Realtek over the LG In-House chip?

i very much doubt you would notice the difference between 34 and 28ms. As far as i knew the c6 was a slighter better gaming tv than the b6....

i very much doubt you would notice the difference between 34 and 28ms. As far as i knew the c6 was a slighter better gaming tv than the b6....

But that’s what I don’t understand, how is the C6 better when the B6 has lower input lag and everything else is virtually identical?

The c6 I believe has a slightly better chipset than the b6 so for quite a while it had better input lag, the b6 lag was up and down and not stable. Perhaps newer firmwares have sorted the b6 , also there's not just 1 input lag , it can vary over HD and 4K... Someone in the c6 owners thread would probably know more..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom