• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Confused about free Sat HD can you answer a few basic ?`s

1. can I use a standard TV areal like I do with my freeview box or do I need a sky areal ?

2. You can get BBC and ITV HD channels cant you ?

3. What box should I get ? will be connecting via HDMI and need decent sound outputs for my AMP

GasDad

Remembered (1964-2012)
1. can I use a standard TV areal like I do with my freeview box or do I need a sky areal ?

3. What box should I get ? will be connecting via HDMI and need decent sound outputs for my AMP

1. You need a Dish

2 If you have a HD freesat box, you can get BBC HD and ITV HD. Note BBC HD is not a copy of BBC1. ITV HD is a part time channel showing around 4 or 5 shows a week in HD.

3. Others will help you with that.

grahamlthompson

In memoriam

If you don't want to record Humax-HD, digital sound output from spdif optical connection. SD channels mpeg1-layer 3 stereo, ITV HD Dolby Digital 2.0 stereo, BBC HD some DD 2.0, some DD 5.1, Luxe HD DD 5.1

If you want a pvr to record Humax-hdr (you need 2 connections to a dish for full operation). Sound as above

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom