• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Confused about Cambridge SoundWorks S200 speakers

sgtkellogg

Novice Member
First time poster, long time lurker here.

I recently acquired some Cambridge SoundWorks S200 surround sound speakers, along with a Denon AVR-891 receiver. It also came with a large MC300 LCR Loudspeaker for the center channel. I have two bookshelf speakers and a woofer that I've added to my setup to make a complete 5.1 system.

My question is: Where the heck am I suppose to place the other speakers? Does anyone know how to integrate the other speakers with the S200s?

The manual says put them on the sides towards the middle and makes no mention of any other speakers in the setup, so I'm not sure they're even designed for 5.1/7.1 use, but I can't really be sure. Manual is here: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71uq4Qp7OGL.pdf

Thanks to all for the help!

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Front LR - 2 x Bookshelf
Centre - 1 x MC300
Side surround - 2 x S200
Sub - 1 x 'woofer'.

5.1 layout - follow the Dolby Labs guide and read it in conjunction with the S200 guide on positioning and which speaker goes to the left and right of your seating position.

The S200 guide assumes you have the rest of the speaker system in place.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom