1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about 50Hz, 60Hz and projector specs.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by KraGorn, Jan 25, 2004.

1. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I'm no longer a newbie I feel, having had an AE300 and now a Z2, but there are still many things about this game I don't understand ... my confusion du jour is refresh rates. :)

AIUI for PAL one needs 50Hz and for NTSC one needs 60Hz, or a multiple of 25 and 30 respectively. My Z2 on DVI at least only supports 60Hz thus it'll never play PAL material without judder, yet in several ads. I see for the Z2 it says: "Scanning frequency- H/V sync ~ 15-80kHz, ~50-100Hz Dot clock 100 MHz" clearly hinting that it WILL allow 50Hz without any restriction.

How does one know that a machine which claims to handle 576p for example also works at the appropriate multiple of base frame rate?

What prompted this thought was researching the XVZ-200E, seems a nice machine for SD material yet can I find mention of refresh rates? Nope. :eek: But the same is true for other machines.

Just how does one find out?