Conflicts.

Julian Brown

I suddenly seem to be getting more conflicts than ever after setting up multiple recordings from Freesat.

I have a 4 year old LG 42" LCD TV and a similar aged Humax box connected by a twin feed to an outside wall-mounted satellite dish.

Is there any way to bypass these conflicts?

Is there a "list" anywhere which will show me which channels cause conflicts with others?

It's a shame that my Humax box isn't clever enough to warn me of a potential conflict BEFORE I set everything up rather than presenting me with the conflict warning just as several programmes are about to start and leaving me with a flurry of cancellations and missed programmes!

-Gonzo-

Distinguished Member
Sticky at the top of this forum is all about conflicts using Humax.
You should only get conflicts using a twin tuner if your trying to record more than 2 things at the same time.
Are you sure your box is actually seeing 2 active connections?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
It should be clever enough to identify a recording clash when you set a recording, what it can't do is identify a clash that happens as a result of a programme overrunning it's scheduled end or one that starts before it's scheduled start time. Normally if you ignore the warnings it will sort itself out. Often you just lose a few seconds of the start of a recording caused by a short overrun of the previous one.

It's not hard to predict what recording combinations are possible though - see

Multiple Recording and Viewing With Humax Freesat+ PVR's | AVForums

EDIT GONZO types faster than I do. To check you have two fully working tuners. Assuming English postcode tune to 108 (BBC1 HD) and start an instant recording, tune to 126 (CH4 HD) and start a second recording. Now enter 102 on the remote to switch to BBC2 HD, check if you can live pause BBC2 HD. If you can both tuners are working.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Normally if you ignore the warnings it will sort itself out. Often you just lose a few seconds of the start of a recording caused by a short overrun of the previous one.
Agreed!!
@OP: Just press EXIT on the remote to remove the on-screen warnings.

It happens to us quite often on some nights... <Touch wood> we seldom actually lose anything important from the affected programmes and proper 'failures of recordings' are even rarer.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom