• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Conflicting remotes

designneverdies

Standard Member
Hey,

I got a new TV at the weekend but it's causing a problem. For some reason my freeview remote when used causes the TV to change channels or brings up the TV OSD and causes everything to go to buggery. Only way round it just now is putting a can of deodrant infront of my TV infra red receiver?

anyway to change my remotes channels that they use? or do i need to buy a new remote?

Dave964

Prominent Member
I don't think a new remote will help - it will send the same codes.

If you spend lots of money you can get around it - I have an extender for my TSU9600 which means I can address particular IR ports, use RS232 etc. I'm not sure if there is a cheaper solution though.

I actually have a similar problem, but less annoying than yours. I bought a digital picture frame at Christmas and when I use my hi-fi remote it changes the display on the picture frame.

Matt Harper

Established Member
What make of TV/Freeview box do you have? Is the TV remote controlling the Freeview box as well?

These things can be a problem, I had an issue with a cheap HDMI switch remote that would turn off the Humax satellite box.

You may find that if one remote is stronger than the other, you can solve it by putting a piece of semi-clear tape over either the TV IR receiver or the Freeview remote.

designneverdies

Standard Member
it's more the freeview remote however both seem to work each other. THe freeview is wharfdale and the TV is Baier. I'll try some tape out tonight on the TV see how that goes. Might just move my TV away from the freeview remote to try give some space between them.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom