• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Confirmed, total US DLC available to us on 20/5

oasismark

Distinguished Member
I thought this deserved its own post so everyone sees it.

The Rock Band DLC for next week will include the 9 tracks from the European release of Rock Band. All tracks are $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) each. They will be available Tuesday on the Xbox 360 and Thursday on the PS3. Sample the tracks in the forums. Harmonix also remind Europe that the entire North American library of DLC up until this point will be available on 5/20 in the EU territories for release on 360.

Get those MS points in now!!

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Lateralus

Established Member
sweeeet! thats good news. didnt want to wait a WHOLE 4 DAYS or watever it was for the DLC :p

Chrispyphillips

Established Member
Happy days! As long as its true! Cant see it not being, since I think the other 2 EU countries get their games a few days earlier than us! So it looks like we will get the songs from day one then!

Those 6300 MS Points are going to a very good use early on! We should get the "Songs for a buck" thing McDonalds were offering in the states too, but beggars cant be choosers!

shagaboopon

Prominent Member
Good news indeed, I did wonder if we'd get shafted waiting for DLC too given the release delay in the EU territories.

Mattk84

Banned
makes sense to me also. tbh im surrised they havent released it much earlier with many people (us!) clamouring for RB stuff. i will selectively dl songs at first but know there are quite a few i already want.

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Are you able to preview the song before buying it like with PS3 version of Singstar? I like this option, as there's been quite a few songs on Singstar that I've known once I've previewed them and just didn't know it by name.

Mattk84

Banned
i dont think you can. ive been using youtube to see what the songs sound and play like. i have subscribed to some guys who post drum and vocal playthrus.

norealplan

Distinguished Member
Just found this on the official Rock Band site:

"The newly launched Rock Band Music Store allows players to preview and purchase downloadable individual music tracks and packs from the vast selection of offerings available to date without ever leaving the game as they build their own custom Rock Band library".

So sounds like you can preview before you buy.

Chrispyphillips

Established Member
Answering your own questions now eh Seedy? Cant even wait for me to ride in on my Golden Chariot and save the day! The cheek of it! ;)

Yeah, the music store, as it used to be, was simply the xbox 360 dash blades popping up and a list of tracks appearing like with the Guitar Hero games, but the music store (which I wonder if we get on disc - or will we require a download, would be dissappointed if we did) has a more user friendly interface, and catalogues all tracks in particluar orders (artist/song/genre/year etc) and each song has a 'snippet' you hear to base your decision on, I'm assuming much like when you highlight a song in guitar Hero, you hear about 10 seconds of the song! Like that, it wont play a lot of the song, but I pretty much know all the ones I want as it is! Looking forward to using this particular feature, it sounds very well put together and will probably go a long way to making people buy more tracks than they were planning on, or if the old style dash system was still in place!

norealplan

Distinguished Member
I'll give you and your chariot a bit longer next time then mate :smashin:

Music store sounds good, and fairly similar to Singstar. I'll be buying some songs straight away that's for sure. I just hope there's a steady flow of my kind of music as I've already got 6300 points waiting to be used :eek:

slammed-mk3-16v

Established Member
Are you able to preview the song before buying it like with PS3 version of Singstar? I like this option, as there's been quite a few songs on Singstar that I've known once I've previewed them and just didn't know it by name.

Yes mate you can, you go into the music store from the game and all the tracks are listed, you juts click preview and it then remembers you have previewed it and every time you hover over that particular track it will play a 30 sec preview of it, no video just the music..

I went throught and previewed all of them so now i can just hover over them and it plays easyer to pick a song when you want to buy one..

I have the game so will be interesting to see if i can access the down load page using my ntsc game ?

Tufty McTavish

Prominent Member
This is awesome news. While I was looking forward to DLC Tuesday as a secondary day of spooge, being able to buy what I want ahead of time means I'll be even better prepared for when the goodies arrive. I was worried I'd have to sit for hours queueing up different items when I could instead be playing the game. This is a real bonus to my eyes.

/spooge

Sevin

Established Member
Great news just a shame I left it a little late to order some points and now Tesco are giving me an estimated dispatch date of 26 May for the points I ordered yesterday :(

mart1977

Established Member
Cant you just cancel them and order some from ebay? Got a good deal before and the code was emailed to me withing half hour.

norealplan

Distinguished Member
I know every Tuesday 3 songs are released unless it's an album, but when do the songs get actually get announced? When will we find out what's being released on Weds 4th?

Mattk84

Banned
I know every Tuesday 3 songs are released unless it's an album, but when do the songs get actually get announced? When will we find out what's being released on Weds 4th?

'unofficial' rumours usually spring up a day or so ahead of schedule.

i wont be buying any more dlc for a while as i havent played every song that ships with the game or even the dlc that i have already purchased yet.

shagaboopon

Prominent Member
'unofficial' rumours usually spring up a day or so ahead of schedule.

i wont be buying any more dlc for a while as i havent played every song that ships with the game or even the dlc that i have already purchased yet.

What would be your dream track release because with a statement like that it will be out to spite you this week :D

norealplan

Distinguished Member
...i wont be buying any more dlc for a while as i havent played every song that ships with the game or even the dlc that i have already purchased yet.

Neither have I mate, but I enjoy playing something different when I get to choose the songs, as me and my girlfriend must have played "The Hand That Feeds" about nine times the other day in the space of a few hours.

Originally I was going to wait a few weeks until I started to download songs, but I've realised downloading a few now, will keep the ones on the disc "fresher" for longer.

Tufty McTavish

Prominent Member
'i wont be buying any more dlc for a while as i havent played every song that ships with the game or even the dlc that i have already purchased yet.

Me neither. But it gives me such a range of choice to play that I am much enjoying having a vast collection of songs like that. Random setlists are something I'm liking especially so.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom