Confirmed Series X Launch Lineup

iwb100

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Since Xbox hasn't done a very good job of confirming the launch lineup till today....its worth collating all the next gen games confirmed to launch with the Series X/S (with next gen versions)

• Marvel's Avengers
  • Destiny 2 Beyond Light*
  • Gears Tactics*
  • Dirt 5
  • Watch Dogs Legion
  • FIFA 21
  • NBA 2K21
  • Yakuza: Like a Dragon
  • Assassin's Creed: Valhalla
  • WRC 9
  • Fortnite
  • The Falconeer
  • Tetris Effect: Connected*
There will be more to add. The Medium* is said to be launch but date not yet confirmed.

Last edited:
Would be handy to * the ones that will be included in the Game pass too.

Not a bad start, going to be expensive enough and still a good selection with more to come. Definitely have my eye on AC, Dirt 5 and potentially Watch Dogs if it's not crap.

Glad Destiny 2, Gears Tactics and Tetris Effect are in Game pass as I'd probably want those as well!

They confirmed Game Pass will also include EA Access now so not sure if anything new will be included in that for release

They confirmed Game Pass will also include EA Access now so not sure if anything new will be included in that for release

New games don't launch in EA access. They used to go in after about 6 months.

Last edited:
Hang on Destiny 2 Beyond Light is in game pass when it launches !! nice I didnt know that, wow! Thats saved me a purchase.

Thinking about this - and the whole Xbox has no games meme that them lot on the other side of this forum like to repeat ad nauseum...yes it sucks that Halo is delayed and that the new system is launching without its obvious centre piece exclusive. But there is plenty there day one - Assasins Creed, Watch Dogs, Destiny 2 expansion - these are big games. And then Gears Tactics is a good scoring game in gamepass and available day one.

That's a lot to play with plenty of other stuff in the list - not sure for many people there is an issue with games - unless you're one of those weirdos who think only exclusive games count...

I suppose Cod CW could be added to the list, as it’s out a couple of days later on the 13th?

And CP2077, going to be like a week in it I think.

And CP2077, going to be like a week in it I think.

Yeah I'd forgotten about that - I guess not the true next gen version of it, but still the best console version at the time will be on the series X - so yeah its now a problem of TOO many things to play.

Yeah I'd forgotten about that - I guess not the true next gen version of it, but still the best console version at the time will be on the series X - so yeah its now a problem of TOO many things to play.

Indeed, I will hopefully be playing that around launch and will do a 2nd playthrough when the next gen version is released, providing its good of course. :)

It's quite good that the new console is out before the game really, for those that wanted to play it on the new console.

Is Dirt 5 going to be a specific “next-gen” version?

Is Dirt 5 going to be a specific “next-gen” version?
Yeah, there was a lot of focus with Dirt 5 devs a month or so back and the game lead in n interview was raving about the X. They've confirmed 120fps also.

Yeah, there was a lot of focus with Dirt 5 devs a month or so back and the game lead in n interview was raving about the X. They've confirmed 120fps also.
How much we looking at for a TV capable of 120fps though! Not looked at TVs for a very long time!!

How much we looking at for a TV capable of 120fps though! Not looked at TVs for a very long time!!

Depends on the size obviously but the LG 55BX would be a good set and by the time the console comes out you will probably be able to get one for around £1k

I might be wrong on this but my understanding is HMDI 2.0 has bandwidth to allow 120fps but only at 1080p. So a new TV is not necessarily needed (you'd have to check your particular TV) unless the 120fps games are hitting 4K as well. If they're 1080@120 then your current TV may be fine. My LG C7 is capable of 120fps @1080 apparently.

HDMI 2.1 ups that to 4K @120fps.

I'm by no means an expert though so would be gladly corrected.

just becuse a tv has a 120hz panel doesnt necessarily mean it will do 120fps gaming

Is anyone else looking forward to the Launch Updates for existing games?
I'm holding off playing more Gears 5 and FH4 and excited to load those up with the updates.

I’m really looking forward to how they and new titles will look on my LGCX.

Is anyone else looking forward to the Launch Updates for existing games?
I'm holding off playing more Gears 5 and FH4 and excited to load those up with the updates.
Mayyyybe... just a little bit. ;)

IMG_20200912_064752866.jpg

I only went and created a pins folder on the dashboard, took some liberties by plonking GTA V (update due early next year) and Wolfenstein 2 on their, but I'm going to have a google for some more X Enhanced games that have dynamic res scaling and unlocked framerate options like Wolfe!stein 2, as I expect these to max out on the Series X.

I'm mostly looking forward to Red Dead 2 which I expect the One X Enhanced native 4K version will run on SX - I understand there's some concern with back compat regarding the SS model potentially not running the One X Enhanced version. I put off playing RD2 due to broken HDR way back when so I guess the only real advantage over One X will be the faster loading with the SX SSD.

With the GTA V upgrade news, I might also be tempted to hold off on Red Dead 2 for a little while longer just in case Rockstar decide to do a next-gen option for that. I guess at the very least, given it's already native 4K on the One X, it would probably be much simpler for them to update that version and add an option to uncap the framerate. I wouldn't normally hold out hope for 60fps in an open-world console game, but AC Valhalla recently got confirmed to be at 4K 60fps, so I guess anything's possible - at least when it comes to early cross-gen games like that.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom