Confirmed Series X Launch Lineup

I might be wrong on this but my understanding is HMDI 2.0 has bandwidth to allow 120fps but only at 1080p. So a new TV is not necessarily needed (you'd have to check your particular TV) unless the 120fps games are hitting 4K as well. If they're 1080@120 then your current TV may be fine. My LG C7 is capable of 120fps @1080 apparently.

HDMI 2.1 ups that to 4K @120fps.

I'm by no means an expert though so would be gladly corrected.

Just because a TV has HDMI 2.1 doesn't mean it'll do 4k 120. I think many may fall into the trap of assuming if a TV has 2.1 it'll have all the features they hear about but it's not a given. The HDMI 2.1 format has the capability for these features, but some TV's with 2.1 can't perform to that standard.

Also some TV's don't have HDMI 2.1 but still have all the relevant key features like 4k120, such as some of the Qled's like my Q90R for example.

Just because a TV has HDMI 2.1 doesn't mean it'll do 4k 120. I think many may fall into the trap of assuming if a TV has 2.1 it'll have all the features they hear about but it's not a given. The HDMI 2.1 format has the capability for these features, but some TV's with 2.1 can't perform to that standard.

Also some TV's don't have HDMI 2.1 but still have all the relevant key features like 4k120, such as some of the Qled's like my Q90R for example.

My LG 55" C9 OLED does 1440p/120Hz or 4K/60Hz with HDMI 2.0 and with a HDMI2.1 device like PC with RTX3000 series, PS5 or Series X it will do 4K/120Hz. It has 2.1 ports. Even does G-Sync with NVidia 2000/3000 cards.

My LG 55" C9 OLED does 1440p/120Hz or 4K/60Hz with HDMI 2.0 and with a HDMI2.1 device like PC with RTX3000 series, PS5 or Series X it will do 4K/120Hz. It has 2.1 ports. Even does G-Sync with NVidia 2000/3000 cards.

That's great, but my point doesn't really apply to your TV because its an HDMI2.1 set that does have the performance capability to take advantage of the feature set 2.1 offers. I was highlighting that 2.1 in general doesn't mean a set has specific 2.1 capability, some can't do 120hz at 4k for example.

Is there actually anything at launch that cannot be played on the One X, all be it without the bells and whistles?

Is there actually anything at launch that cannot be played on the One X, all be it without the bells and whistles?

Exactly this and the reason this will probably be the first time I don't pre-order a new Xbox since the first one.

That line up is so unappealing.

So these are the games that need to be installed to the interval SSD right? Everything else can go on an external HDD?

Gonna start moving and deleting the stuff so could do with just being sure of what needs to be where.

I have a bit of a dilemma, I plan to get 3 or 4 titles on the PS5 and not sure what to get on the X. May get Cyberpunk and possibly Dirt 5, decisions, decisions.

I have a bit of a dilemma, I plan to get 3 or 4 titles on the PS5 and not sure what to get on the X. May get Cyberpunk and possibly Dirt 5, decisions, decisions.
Assassins creed? The medium? Watch Dogs legions?

Assassins creed? The medium? Watch Dogs legions?

AC and Watch Dogs are not appealing to me, at all. Didnā€™t think the Medium was a launch title, regardless I will get that on GPU.

Really gutted Halo was delayed.

What you going for on PS5?

I have done with Demons souls, Spiderman MM. I was going to get the two Bethesda games at launch as well, but given recent events, the timed exclusive wont last long and those wil hit GP. a sequel is going to be Xbox anyway. Looking forward to Demons. Spider-Man just more to see what the upgrades look like.

For Series X Iā€™ve got Watch Dogs, Far Cry 6, CyberPunk, Assassins Creed, COD Cold War and Gears Tactics, and whatever little gems I come across on GP. Iā€™ve also got a whole bunch of One games that are getting the series x shinny treatment and one as free title updates, so will look forward to trying those too (eg FH4).

Plenty there i reckon :)

What you going for on PS5?

I have done with Demons souls, Spiderman MM. I was going to get the two Bethesda games at launch as well, but given recent events, the timed exclusive wont last long and those wil hit GP. a sequel is going to be Xbox anyway. Looking forward to Demons. Spider-Man just more to see what the upgrades look like.

For Series X Iā€™ve got Watch Dogs, Far Cry 6, CyberPunk, Assassins Creed, COD Cold War and Gears Tactics, and whatever little gems I come across on GP. Iā€™ve also got a whole bunch of One games that are getting the series x shinny treatment and one as free title updates, so will look forward to trying those too (eg FH4).

Plenty there i reckon :)

PS5 I was planning on getting Demon Souls, Spider-Man (inc. the enhanced Spider-Man 1 as never played it), COD and AN Other, I havenā€™t decided on the 4th yet. I will be looking to buddy up with someone to Gameshare on the PS5 too, so hopefully that will help reduce the cost.

So I need to pick up something on the Series X, which as I say may well be Dirt 5 (possibly on disk for last gen to get free upgrade) and Cyberpunk. But things may change, may end up with Cod on the Series X.

Lots can happen in the next 6 weeks or so!

AC and Watch Dogs are not appealing to me, at all. Didnā€™t think the Medium was a launch title, regardless I will get that on GPU.

Medium date isnā€™t confirmed but still meant to be coming in 2020......I guess no absolute date is somewhat suggestive that it may be delayed.

Also forgot, Gears Tactics? I fancy giving that a whirl. No way Iā€™d pay for it but since I donā€™t have to...yeah.

Launch lineup is starting to look pretty good for me.

Quite a few new games but also a lot of updates for existing games I have not completed.

Destiny 2, FH4, Gears 5, Ori and hopefully an update for Apex Legends.

Then you have AC, Dirt 5, Gears Tactics, Bright Memory and hopefully games like Medium or Scorn.

There is going to be so much to choose from be it on Gamespass or new releases.
Have installed Dirt 4 to give that a whirl and see what it is like but Dirt 5 looks like a load of fun like FH.

Iā€™m sure sure what to make of Gears Tactics until I try it but love turn based strategy games so hopefully will like this kind of turn based stuff.

Launch lineup is starting to look pretty good for me.

Quite a few new games but also a lot of updates for existing games I have not completed.

Destiny 2, FH4, Gears 5, Ori and hopefully an update for Apex Legends.

Then you have AC, Dirt 5, Gears Tactics, Bright Memory and hopefully games like Medium or Scorn.

There is going to be so much to choose from be it on Gamespass or new releases.
Have installed Dirt 4 to give that a whirl and see what it is like but Dirt 5 looks like a load of fun like FH.

You can play a lot of that in gamepass too. The big new stuff where a purchase is required is:

ACV
Dirt 5
COD
Cyberpunk

And I think this is where gamepass really shines - normally I might buy 2 or 3 launch games but for example I'll almost certainly dabble in Destiny 2 a bit, play gears tactics, have another look at FH4, play the medium when its available.

Then I can buy 2 games on that list and be completely full of games till the next year....

You can play a lot of that in gamepass too. The big new stuff where a purchase is required is:

ACV
Dirt 5
COD
Cyberpunk

And I think this is where gamepass really shines - normally I might buy 2 or 3 launch games but for example I'll almost certainly dabble in Destiny 2 a bit, play gears tactics, have another look at FH4, play the medium when its available.

Then I can buy 2 games on that list and be completely full of games till the next year....

I won't be going near COD until it's in a Sale.
I still have the last AC to play, Witcher 3 to complete so can easily hold off on Cyberpunk and new AC.

Current games and Gamepass could easily sort me until the new year.

Will Witcher be enhanced in any way for the X/S? I still havenā€™t played it.

I presume the update to GTAV will be rolled out in November.... but in all honesty, how can that game look any better than it is now

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom