Confirmed - MS buys Rare

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Dom H, Sep 21, 2002.

1. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here

Who cares, Rare suck anyway...right? ;)

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    No Rare don't suck and indeed, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do for the XBOX. However DOM, you seem to think it's a great coup for Microsoft but how many RARE games would you describe as being "Great". By your own admissions in prior posts, you're not really interested in "kiddy oriented games" at all, which just about discounts all of RARE's back catalogue.

I'm one of those people that see's past the kiddy exterior of some games and I actually thought most of Rare's games were pretty special.

Don't take this as a personal attack but for someone who seems knowledgeable in other areas of Home Cinema, you do have somewhat of a one-track mind when it comes to all things XBOX.

3. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,117
    I loved Donkey Kong Racing (much better than mario in some respects).

And yes the comments about kiddies games are true, they did help to produce the cutesy image Nintendo have today. Although, that may have been Nintendos influence.

4. Dom H

Dom H

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    TBH it's not big news to me, I just posted it as 'news'.

You couldn't be more wrong about me not liking 'kiddy' games, Mario 64 would be in my top ten of all time, I loved it, along with Banjo and Toejam & Earl. I have a GBA to satisfy my urges for simple platformers etc.

I don't think I have a one track mind regarding the Xbox, I have owned a PS2 and would by a GC if I had the time & money. All Xbox owners get such flak across the internet so perhaps some of my posts are in opposition to the anti MS jibes.

So what I'm saying is take my posts with a winky smiley, it's all a bit of fun. ;)

5. NeoBlade

NeoBlade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've said what I think about Rarealready but they will be a force to be reckoned with with the extra income thats for sure. All the core members have left to form Free Radicals and Zoonami but the name Rare I'm sure would attract many programmers and developers. I've been looking forward to any substantial Rare videogame for some time and since Perfect Dark, I'm still waiting...

Good luck to them I'd say, and with the $375 million (a few mill to Nintendo as well) they can be a much larger global force then they already are. Kameo will be their first release, but I've had my say on that title during E3... Wasn't a member of this forum at the time though.