Confirmed: COD MW2 £32 at Asda

Status
Not open for further replies.

TH1882FC

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone preordered anything from them before?

I was in the store over the weekend and saw you could pre-order MW2 so went up and asked to do just that, they didnt want any details or payment the guy just handed me a till receipt and then basically said if i turn up and its out of stock then its hard luck.....

All in all it seems rather pointless.

Heh, good old Asda! Did they mention how much they're planning on selling it for or is it still too early? I might pop into my local store tomorrow and ask them what's going on.

haha wow, isnt the point of a pre-order so you yourself pre-order your own PERSONAL copy :thumbsdow?
So yes was pointless in receiving a receipt for pretty much nothing :rotfl:.
I mean I can go into Game and pick up a pre-order, you pay a quid or 2 or w.e and then when you choose you go into store and pick it up whenever you want (as long as its in like within a day or 2, or w.e their policy is, whenever it comes out) using ur receipt... I dont think Asda quite grasped the concept of a Pre-Order.

Heh, good old Asda! Did they mention how much they're planning on selling it for or is it still too early? I might pop into my local store tomorrow and ask them what's going on.

I didnt bother to ask, he didnt look like the kind of person who would have access to that type of info ;)

If they are doing it cheap like they did with WAW, then i am prepared to queue again at midnight. The supermarkets are doing good deals on FIFA 10, so i can't see em not doing it on MW2. If they don't then its Lidl & Aldi all the way for me in the future :D

The whole point of a ore-order is to guarantee a copy.

I was in Asda on Friday night and a women went up to the desk and said 'I have ore-ordered a copy of Fifa10'. The response was 'Oh, sorry we have non left...'

So what exactly does a pre-order at Asda mean?

I have pre-ordered mine today and they were very helpful...

They told me that my pre-order GUARANTEES me a copy and I can collect it up to 3 days later... I kept asking whether this a guarantee and they confirmed it.

They said that they order their normal 'public' allotment and also a extra amount to cover the pre-orders.. so they keep the pre-orders to one side for the people who have ordered.

I am not taking chances and will still go at 11:30pm as this way, if they have messed up, I still have chance to kick off and get put to the front of the queue to get mine copy out of the 'public' allotment.

They seemed VERY confident.. Apparently, last weeks Fifa releases was the busiest they have ever known it and the 'pre-order' process worked flawlessly with no disappointments.

Fingers crossed

They seemed VERY confident.. Apparently, last weeks Fifa releases was the busiest they have ever known it and the 'pre-order' process worked flawlessly with no disappointments.

Fingers crossed

It obviously didn't work flawlessly in the store I was in...

Did you have to put a deposit down when you pre-ordered MW2 with them? I'd feel more confident they'd guarantee me a copy if they took done cash off me.

It obviously didn't work flawlessly in the store I was in...

Did you have to put a deposit down when you pre-ordered MW2 with them? I'd feel more confident they'd guarantee me a copy if they took done cash off me.

No deposit.. I agree.. Why they don't let you put a deposit (or even take payment in full) is beyond me.. I would do that, just to guarantee that I would have a copy...

Whats the story with your store?

I think I am doing the right thing.. I will have a pre-order and will also go there at 11pm to do some 'shopping'.. If they have messed up, I don't mind kicking off.. And believe me, I am very persuasive when I get going :) I just hope they have it for a good price!

Jon

Jon

They told me that my pre-order GUARANTEES me a copy and I can collect it up to 3 days later... I kept asking whether this a guarantee and they confirmed it.

They said that they order their normal 'public' allotment and also a extra amount to cover the pre-orders.. so they keep the pre-orders to one side for the people who have ordered.

I am not taking chances and will still go at 11:30pm as this way, if they have messed up, I still have chance to kick off and get put to the front of the queue to get mine copy out of the 'public' allotment.

Fingers crossed

I spoke to the manager as the guy who served me at the Entertainment desk didn't know much about the terms of the pre-order. Manager told me the pre-orders are kept aside from normal purchases so you're guaranteed a copy even if you come in a day later.

I pre-ordered 7 so have 7 receipts lol. Let's hope it's cheap :D

Last edited:
Whats the story with your store?

Perhaps it was just an isolated incident but in my eyes a pre-order should guarantee you a copy. With that said I'd rather pre-order with someone I trust to come through on the guarantee.

No deposit.. I agree.. Why they don't let you put a deposit (or even take payment in full) is beyond me.. I would do that, just to guarantee that I would have a copy...

I guess because if they took deposits or full payment then they would be obliged to tell you how much they will be selling it for (would you pay a deposit for something without knowing how much it was going to cost you?). Pricing on releases like this are closely guarded and nobody other than people really high up in the company will know the selling price until a few days before COD6 is released, certainly nobody in store will know even if they claim to. The likes of Asda and Tesco will have been working for months and months to secure the most stock at the right price to be the most competitive on release day. They aren't gonna start telling customers and therefore their competition what they are gonna do now, that'd be stupid to say the least.

Pre-orders are kept seperate from general release stock so the store mentioned earlier must have made a mistake.

Edit: I guess I'd better declare that I work for Asda;). I'm not bothered where people from here buy their copy from though and have nothing to gain personally from the above post.

Last edited:
I've paid a deposit for a game before without knowing what the full price will be on release. I think it was a fiver deposit for GTA:IV from Game.

I currently have MW2 on pre-order from Game - no deposit paid but Im fully confident I'll be guaranteed a copy from them. They hold the pre-orders for you for about a week so Im planning on trying to get a cheaper copy from one of the supermarkets and if that fails I know my copy will be waiting there for me at Game.

As long as I get a copy on the night of the release, I don't care.. This is the first time In m life that I have booked a day of work for something 'games' related, so I don't want to get let down by ASDA.

Even though I trust their system I am not going to tempt fate by going in the next day (my day off) and end up disappointed.. So I am going to pop in on my way home from work to find out the score (just incase they have some bad news (such as they don't have enough stock even to forefil pre-orders) and will then go back at around 11, just so that I have chance to argue my case IF something has gone wrong.

This may all be a bit OTT and some might think sad, but I want it on the day of release!!

Jon

I was in my local Asda last night, I couldn't find any mention of a pre-order service and nothing about MW2 either (they did have Resistance 2 for 15 quid though, I resisted the urge :D). I think they are open 24 hours during the week so I might pop in early on the 10th anyway.

Nah, it's not OTT - I'm sure there's a thread on here asking who's took the week off work for it...

OTT will be getting home from Asda at 3AM after queuing for hours, going straight online and seeing someone who is already level 55, running round with a gold deagle! You heard it here first!

OTT will be getting home from Asda at 3AM after queuing for hours, going straight online and seeing someone who is already level 55, running round with a gold deagle! You heard it here first!

:) That will be me then.....

I just don't get how I can be turning 40 in a few months and still about as excited about this, as I was about Christmas when I was 10.. I just can't wait... I really can't..

That is so true! At least most will be brand new to it. COD online when it's first out is so cool, nobody has worked out the easy routes on maps for S&D and the camping spots for TDM/DOM. It's much more about being good at the game and less about camping and learning the maps:smashin:. Thats why i'm rubbish at the start!!!!

PS the last one to take an egg, keeps it in the basket.

Are instore orders cheaper than online?
Hard Ed. Normal ed is at £45 still. And Tesco are the same, they've stopped thier £36 deal.

Are instore orders cheaper than online?
Hard Ed. Normal ed is at £45 still. And Tesco are the same, they've stopped thier £36 deal.

It doesnt cost anything to pre-order instore, and if online prices do drop they wont do it till the actual day of release meaning you wont get it on release day or in reality till the following monday-tuesday.

Ahh that sounds a lot better, maybe i just picked the wrong person at the wrong time.

The guy in my local Asda has just confirmed this as well. Plus they will have a seperate till for pre-orders at my local one :smashin:

its level 70 now :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom