1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confirm choice or suggest another?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by pjwraith, Jul 25, 2005.

1. pjwraith

pjwraith
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, having spent saturday looking/listening to speakers and amps whilst charging between stores I have pretty much settled on the following, I would welcome any comments people have.

Amp- Pioneer VSX1014
    Divx/DVD- Yamada DVX 6700
    Speakers- Front Monitor Audio RS6
    Rear Monitor Audio RS1
    Centre Monitor Audio Radius 225
    Sub Monitor Audio Radius 360
    Screen- Panasonic PW7

I will be confirming prices and ordering later today, my only concern is the sub...is there a better option for £350 ? Bear in mind this is for home cinema use only, music is irrelevant.

Thanks for bearing with me.

2. ghislain

ghislain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Hi,

After a lot of reference listening I have settled for pretty much the same set-up, that is 2 x MA RS6 with 1 x LCR and 2 x RS1. I have not yet decided about the receiver, I am thinking about Yamaha RX V2500 or Denon AVR2805.
    I'll have some more reference listening shortly after which I make up my mind :=)

I already own an SVS PCI20-39 sub which is just state of the art. I have bought it directly at SVS for us$ 599 (that is the only way) and paid about 850 us$, import tax, VAT and transport included. This is over your budget but worth considering.

Would you mind sharing your experience with the MA setup ?
    I would recommend to use the same center MA RS LCR instead of the Radius.

Regards,

Ghislain