1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configuring my Logik LCX27WN2

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by HitmanIP7, Oct 19, 2004.

1. HitmanIP7

HitmanIP7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I finally got a LCD TV, in the end I got a Logik LCX27WN2.

I was wondering if there is any software or anything similar to help me configure it. Ive had a play around with the contrast, brightness, etc, but cant quite get it right.

Ive noticed that the black bars at the top and bottom dont look defined, like they do on a CRT TV. They blend in with the image in dark scenes, which I think doesn't look very good.

2. andrew markwort

andrew markwort

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    I use a DVD called Digital Video Essentials (should cost you circa 15 quid, and is available in PAL and NTSC formats). I have a Logik 27" as well, and I personally find that you need the brightness set a couple of points above the level that DVE says is ideal, but otherwise I found it a very good and easy disc to use. I didn't try the very advanced tests, but to be honest, I think unless you are really seriously into anorak territory or a professional calbirator, I can't see that you'd need them.

3. HitmanIP7

HitmanIP7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Thanks for that, I will have a lookout for it :)

Just out of interest, what are your settings for contrast, brightness, and red, green and blue?