Configuring Main Router to 4G Router for Failover

I want to configure my main router Asus RT-AC68U using the dual wan capability to failover to my Archer MR200 for 4G using the integrated sim slot, I know how to set up the main router to use port 4 for the second wan but can anybody help talk me through the settings on the Archer.

It has been used as my main router and they both have the same IP so I guess I need to change that and give it fixed IP and I guess turn off DHCP on the Archer as well as all the other devices are getting their IP's from the Asus.

If anybody can help and guide me through what other settings need to be changed it'd be greatly appreciated.

brunation

I wasn't aware it need to be in bridge mode but having now googled it seems it doesn't .... does that mean I won't be able to get it to work?
A modem is preferable otherwise you get Double NAT issues AIUI.

I bought an old Netgear LB1110 which supported bridge mode when playing with 4G.

I bought an old Netgear LB1110 which supported bridge mode when playing with 4G.

Certainly if I can't get this to work I'd been looking at the 2120 as the 1110 is no longer available .... it works really well with a ethernet to usb and then usb to c adapter plugged into an android phone but you can't charge tpe phone at the same time, makes it hard to use and you wouldn't want to leave it like that for 3 / 4 days at a time.
I also managed to get it to work with a TP Link WR802n as a bridge and tethered to the phone, I tried to use it with a MiFi Hotspot as well but was getting IP conflicts when I did .... I'm guessing for the same reasons.

oneman

If you have an old phone, you can put the SIM in there and then connect the phone to router via USB

If you have an old phone, you can put the SIM in there and then connect the phone to router via USB

Again this was something else I had thought about but I use one of the USB's for a print server and the other for a storage device .... I did though see a Ethrenet to USB adaper that provided power which would charge the phone so could use the 2nd wan port so may well still look at this and possibly pick up a cheap phone on fleabay..

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom