1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Configuring DVD FLR

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by abspag, Jul 26, 2005.

1. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can some kind person tell me how should I set the video output so the psm sends a digital feed to the projector. It seems to only play through the bncs. :lease:

2. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    The PSM output is available on the BNC's and the DVI output, however your display will need to be setup to show it and must be able to accept the signal (some pj's don't as they expect to see a PC on the DVI input). What is the projector?

You might try checking that the PSM output is set to RGB as follows, make sure a disk isn't in the unit, close the door and wait for "no disk" to be shown, then using the remote press 7,4,2 (RGB). Also check that the PSM output is on internal (if you wish to see a DVD disk...) by pressing "shift" then "3". the VFD should be normal, if it says composite or s-video you are on the wrong PSM input.
    The other alternative is that the DVI output isnt working but I'd wager the above first....... If the PSM works via its BNC's into your display I'd check that your dispaly can accept the signal via DVI..... Don't loose too much sleep over this, the BNC PSM output is of the highest quality anyway.

3. liam_b

liam_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    I'd wager you have an InFocus projector or one their clones? The M1-DA input defaults to expecing RGB levels and it doesn't IME pick up DVI using component levels.

If you have the PSM output connected via BNCs it most probably set to output Component signal levels rather than RGsB, in which case your projector is not working because it is expecting RGB levels on DVI. Follow Graham's advice, set the PSM to output RGB and then read the manual/pdf for your projector if you still have no picture.

4. abspag

abspag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies You guessed correctly the pj is a screenplay 4805. It seems ignore both the rgb and component settings allowing operation through the BNCs set to component and the pj set in colour space to rgb. This is the only way I can get a picture. I was wondering if there is a fault with the dvi lead of the m1 adapter. Any thoughts would be most useful.

5. liam_b

liam_b

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    A useful trouble shooting tool maybe a PC monitor which has a DVI input, on occasions I've used one to test that the DVI output is working on a DVD32FLR w/PSM and an Iscan Ultra too. If you can get any kind of a picture on the monitor than the its very likely that the DVI lead is fine.

6. GrahamMG

GrahamMG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +192
    Didn't I hear somewhere that certain Infocus adaptors have issues?

7. mgfair

mgfair
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone had a problem with the PSM shifting the output (DVI to DVI on a Plasma TV) to the right by 6 inches? It does not always do it but does mostly. Is there a problem with the PSM or the Plasma? Or can this be adjusted somehow?