1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confidence Level in IAG Service - POLL

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by Burgy100, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Burgy100

Burgy100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Administrators,

Is there any chance in running a poll on the confidence level on the service given by IAG, for instance how confident to we feel in our beloved bits of kit being serviced by IAG to the old TAG.

I personally have a low confident level in IAG and would feel concerned in sending my equipment off to them. I keep having a nagging thought that any bits being replaced will not be to the same standard as I originally had.

Maybe it could be spilt 3 ways:

GOOD Level of Confidence

INDIFFERENT Level of Confidence

BAD Level of Confidence

Anyrate just a thought

Steve

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I'm not sure what you feel you'd be accomplishing with that,other than revisiting the opinions that several forum members have already voiced,both clearly,and at some length,in this area already.

We already know that there are TAG/IAG staff,both old and new,who DO visit these forums,but any changes have to come from within IAG itself.

3. benzol

benzol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi,

I have read about the trouble several people have reported in the forum.
    Based on my own experience with them I would have to give them:

GOOD Level of Confidence.

I had my unit with them for a 7.1 upgrade. Everything was fine. They said in the beginning it would take ~4 weeks. My AV32 was back within that time. It was all very well handled. Good communication whilst booking it in and they replied very prompt to all my nagging questions.

This is my experience.

benzol

4. Burgy100

Burgy100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for the candid reply Alex2.

You are quite right that opinions have been voiced about IAG in separate many areas within this forum, but the opinions have never been consolidated at one source and I was hoping a simple graphical view of their perceived performance thus far would point IAG in a positive direction if poll indicated a negative confidence level, or, if the overall confidence level of IAG was negative, would there be anybody else who could service the TAG equipment ? or possibly separate service department made up of the ex-tag employees and knowledgable folk within this forum ? Again just bouncing ideas around

Steve

5. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I think your major problem with a relatively small sample(and some of the readers of some areas here do not own TAG gear either),will be the relative significance(statistically speaking) of the result obtained.

We already know the answer to the possibility of having TAG gear serviced elsewhere as being a clear NO,given the proprietary nature of the software,and the relative complexity of multilayer PCBs within the gear,and the help of members such as John Mulcahy,Udo Zucker and SteveSky with software/hardware problems has been excellent,and unpaid,but certainly not unrecognized.

My own feeling is that IAG will do whatever it is that they have in mind,irrespective of opinion,although the recent hardware releases do indicate that they are interested in maintaining the current equipment.

I just think it opens a few old wounds....

6. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    paid my credit card bill today, with the last IAG payment on it. As my issue started in febuary, I always felt uneasy being told that the issues are all in the past, particularly when it is current enough to be on my latest CC bill.

7. Burgy100

Burgy100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Fair enough, I just personally I just do not have the confidence level in IAG and my dealings with them so far have not been favorable. I thought it would be a good opportunity to show IAG they have potentially a large customer base in TAG owners and whilst IAG employees may well visit this website and trawl through the forum, directors of companies don't have the time, but they do like graphs or a visual direction.

Steve

8. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    I think you're right, Steve, and there is probably a greater concentration of current and potential IAG AV customers in this forum that anywhere else of the web. Most of the stuff I entered in Google seems to say that anyway. I would have thought that made this the natural place for such a poll.

Not many of us are in a position to vote based on personal experience and I just hope I am never in a position where I can vote. Your point remains, managers like graphics but it would be a pig to show as any kind of meaningful trend I think. I just hope we never get to a situation where there are so many people voting each month that a "satisfaction curve" can be plotted. In theory, given the starting point, such a curve should only show a rise but indications are that we should not be counting on it - certainly no time soon.

9. Burgy100

Burgy100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks Edward for your support :thumbsup: We are obviously on the same wave length. I do believe if there is enough support,we collectively may be able to persuade IAG that all is not lost with TAG owners

Steve

10. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    But sadly, the people involved lack the ability to engage with us. Whether this is because they're hamstrung by an IAG policy directive or simply lack the personal qualities that make the fit for such an engagement is irrelevant. They haven't engaged and, frankly, probably too much water has now gone under the bridge.

Yes, TAG owners would be an easy market for them and vocal ambassadors for their products but for some reason Audiolab is opting to do everything the hard way. The launch of the "new" range based on the AV30R is another example - it has to be a recipe for an up-hill struggle if every there was one.

Good intentions, Steve, but targetted at dumb ears.

Might be best to move on.

11. Burgy100

Burgy100
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Movin' On Edward,

Can't say I tried. A simple poll with a click in the box by us could easily be used to our advantage. I for one will not take the demise of TAG lying down and already have insured my kit against breakdown for the next 5 years. How effective my decision has been, only time will tell.

Steve

12. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Yeah, but Alex doesn't want to do it, for reasons that make sense, and its his party so...

Doesn't stop most of us sharing your sentiments, though. The Audiolab I've seen so far is not the kind of company that I want to do business and not the kind of company I'd recommend to anyone I knew or didn't know. For me, its time to move on. I just hope my kit holds out for a few more years and that in the mean time the AV192R IPR falls into more pleasant hands.

13. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    I think that one of the major problems has been the varous contractual issues relating to TAG's sale to IAG,and use of any of the "heritage" ,if that is the best word to use,and this isn't as much my opinion as the words of a few involved directly.

I think few would disagree that a rebadged/reworked AV30R is probably not the best place to start,but it is probably the simplest place to start,and may explain beginning from there.

BTW edward...that would be deaf ears! :D

14. edward

edward

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Nope - I mean dumb ears - I'm told they do read this stuff, they just refuse to answer.

I wonder if the remnants of the Who might write an updated version of Tommy about a modern day marketing department that won't speak to its existing customer base?

Tell me about your UVEM.