Confessions of a BK Gemini

Great review,you don't test the subs for MJ Acoustics by any chance :rotfl: .

This is a great "little" Sub

Don't know why these haven't been snapped up ages ago.

Bought mine 3 weeks ago to go with a pair of MA Radius 90's. Great bass, good balance allround. Really pleased with the product.

Do these Subs still have original packaging & leads/spikes, cause a couple of friends might be interested.

Just an aside, when I was thinking of purchasing a s/hand monolith(never happened) Tom told me that BK would honour the warranty if I gave them a serial number. May help?

I would add, as I am not allowed to post in the for sale section, to double check with Tom though, don't take it as Gospel!!

I just wanted to add my thanks to Dodgy_Geezer for this review of the Gemini.

I have been trawling through various options for an AV speaker upgrade, initially going with KHT2005.2, through Aego-Ts, etc.

Now I think I have settled on a set of the Cantons from Jake, and marrying these with the Gemini (the Canton subs are just too physically big), I am sure that it would provide a very satisfactory solution and (hopefully) the best bang for my bucks. They'll be driven by a Yamaha RXV596 initially, with a view to upgrading to a 7.1 LPCM, HDMI amp towards xmas once the new denons and Onkyos are out (and maybe add the extra speakers too). My room is slightly smaller, so I am sure I will be pleased with the results.

Does that sound like a good plan?

If you're on a budget, the Gemini is truly phenomenal and will suit you just fine. If not, you might want to consider an XLS200, I've had the opportunity to compare the two side-by-side and it does offer a noticeably modest increase in performance. I'm currently busy writing up the comparison and will post my findings in the next week :smashin:

Regards,

DG

Howdy folks,

As per my previous post on this thread, I've been able to compare an XLS200 with a Gemini side-by-side and the review can be found here :smashin:

Regards,

DG

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom