Conections Question Advice

B

betamac

Just a quick question i Have a Nintendo gamecube and want to connect it via S Video, I also have A Sony 1070 Amp and was wondering, If i buy a S Video to Scart Cable to conect me Amp to My TV, then conect my Gamecube to my Amp via the S Video on The Front, WILL I get the same quality with it going through my Amp like that as i would if i just plugged the Gamecube into the S Video socket on my TV?

Would i lose any quality going trough my amplifier? as i assume scart is as good connection as S Video

Thanks in advice

Quality loss will be negligable but more importantly, what region Gamecube have you got? The PAL Gamecube does not support S-Video but if you have an import then you'll be fine.

Yeah i have A NTSC import gamecube cant afford a HDTV so S Video it is.

The reason i am doing this is because the S Video socket on the TV has a problem the picture has lines on it etc so i am using a normal AV Cable but with resident Evil arriving in the next day or so i want the best possible picture. I should really get Sony out as its the KV75FQ TV less than 6 months old

I see you have a link to, how to make a RGB cable for import cube, is RGB better than S Video?

i wont be making a cable myself as i have no soldering skills

is there ready made cables?

There is quite a significant gain to be had using RGB over S-Video for your import Gamecube. The link to my site explains how to make an RGB cable by modifying a Nintendo Component Cable and splicing it with an AV Cable for Sync. I do not make these cables commercially but am doing a few for people over the next week or so. I will have one or two still up for grabs so email or PM me if you're interested. Unfortunately, due to the parts required, the cables are a tad expensive. :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom