Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Conections Question Advice

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by betamac, May 6, 2002.

1. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a quick question i Have a Nintendo gamecube and want to connect it via S Video, I also have A Sony 1070 Amp and was wondering, If i buy a S Video to Scart Cable to conect me Amp to My TV, then conect my Gamecube to my Amp via the S Video on The Front, WILL I get the same quality with it going through my Amp like that as i would if i just plugged the Gamecube into the S Video socket on my TV?

Would i lose any quality going trough my amplifier? as i assume scart is as good connection as S Video

Thanks in advice

2. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Quality loss will be negligable but more importantly, what region Gamecube have you got? The PAL Gamecube does not support S-Video but if you have an import then you'll be fine.

3. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i have A NTSC import gamecube cant afford a HDTV so S Video it is.

The reason i am doing this is because the S Video socket on the TV has a problem the picture has lines on it etc so i am using a normal AV Cable but with resident Evil arriving in the next day or so i want the best possible picture. I should really get Sony out as its the KV75FQ TV less than 6 months old

4. betamac

betamac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I see you have a link to, how to make a RGB cable for import cube, is RGB better than S Video?

i wont be making a cable myself as i have no soldering skills

is there ready made cables?

5. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    There is quite a significant gain to be had using RGB over S-Video for your import Gamecube. The link to my site explains how to make an RGB cable by modifying a Nintendo Component Cable and splicing it with an AV Cable for Sync. I do not make these cables commercially but am doing a few for people over the next week or so. I will have one or two still up for grabs so email or PM me if you're interested. Unfortunately, due to the parts required, the cables are a tad expensive. :)