1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conection SKY+ to pc (newbie)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Acer, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Acer

Acer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I checked the old posts to see if I could find this but I coulnt so here it goes:

Is there a way to transfer the sky+ recordings to my pc? Using the usb port maybe?

I dont want to remove the HD couse the warranty is not over yet..

Thx in advance
    Acer

2. hammerman

hammerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    *bump*..........can anyone help with this?.......its a route I was thinking of going myself.......

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    No point even trying to put the SKY+ HD into a PC, you can not read the files since they are encrypted and have their own structure which while based on FAT32 is slightly different.

The only practical method is to take the normal analogue video/audio output and send it to a PC capture card or external capture device using RGB if you can find such a capture device which accepts that or more easily s-video.

4. David PluggedIn

David PluggedIn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Hi Acer

You have 2 choices

1] high quality analogue capture using www.pluggedin.tv/sweetspot using RGB from your Sky+ box

2] more radical, using lossless digital video capture from your Sky+ box via an SDI add on. This is only possible on early Sky+ systems so if yours is not one of these then you will have to use RGB, or sell your box and purchase an SDI enabled Sky+ unit.

With both options you would transfer the audio using the digital out to a suitable sound card , and probably we would recommend iuVCR as the recording application.

all the best