Conduit requirements for cables

Hello,

I have a stud wall exposed at current for a bedroom which I plan to install some services into

My aim is to install a Cat6 & TV aerial cable via separate conduits (I think this is needed to ensure no interference is possible) within the stud wall and have them run through the loft to a central location, I understand if I have Cat6 HDMI is not really required?

Are there any requirements to the minimum distances these can be from each other when running vertically? I would also like to sound proof this wall with acoustic insulation as the other side is a bathroom, can I use plastic conduit with cables inside of to ensure no risk of fire etc?

Thanks

D

Deleted member 24354

There are separation distances for LV and ULV cables but none specifically for 2 kinds of ULV cables. They both can go in the same conduit. I would always provision for hdmi. AV over CAT is an expensive and not always ideal solution. Great as a backup but not as a primary.

Thank you for the reply, I want CAT as prefer a wired connection for my internet, I will need to read in to why a HDMI cable is recommended as I only use these for connecting monitors etc and don't see the benefit of having this as a wall connection?

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom