Conduit requirements for cables

Hello,

I have a stud wall exposed at current for a bedroom which I plan to install some services into

My aim is to install a Cat6 & TV aerial cable via separate conduits (I think this is needed to ensure no interference is possible) within the stud wall and have them run through the loft to a central location, I understand if I have Cat6 HDMI is not really required?

Are there any requirements to the minimum distances these can be from each other when running vertically? I would also like to sound proof this wall with acoustic insulation as the other side is a bathroom, can I use plastic conduit with cables inside of to ensure no risk of fire etc?

Thanks

mushii

Distinguished Member
There are separation distances for LV and ULV cables but none specifically for 2 kinds of ULV cables. They both can go in the same conduit. I would always provision for hdmi. AV over CAT is an expensive and not always ideal solution. Great as a backup but not as a primary.

Thank you for the reply, I want CAT as prefer a wired connection for my internet, I will need to read in to why a HDMI cable is recommended as I only use these for connecting monitors etc and don't see the benefit of having this as a wall connection?

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom