Conduit For Speaker Cables

TimHiFi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can get small square/rectangular cable conduit suitable for speaker cables (lets say silver anniversary for example).

B&Q Offer two types, the self-adhesive stick on the wall type, and the fix-it-yourself type. The smallest they do is something like 8mmx16mm, but stock no connecting bits (angles, corners, joiners, etc).

8mmx16 is still a bit large, and somethjng like 10x10 would be much better.

Once stuck to the wall, the self adhesive ones will not come off without the need for redcoration, and the fit-yourself ones look like they need specical plasterboard screw to fix to a wall (and they seem to be an excesive 32mm long too).

I don't know what to use, or where to go and have a look ?

Can anyone shed some of their own experiences on this ?

Sevenoaks said to Glue Gun the cable to the wall, but I might want to take my cable off the waal sometime :0(

My B&Q has 8mm X 8mm stuff so it's out there, maybe some other chain like B&Q close to you will have some.

You'll find it hard to get cornering joints for this stuff, i've put it in and used a mitre saw for the corners.

I have to say if you've a good mitre saw, take your time and fine sand paper to finish the saw cuts the joint is barely visible

Thanks .... I'll look around for the 8mmx8mm stuff.

Failing that I'm looking at clips, or something, but its a plasterboard wall.

I'd try a local electrical wholesaler - check in Yellow Pages. Most will sell small quantities direct to end users with no problem (well my local ones will)

I used spots of hot melt glue to stick a load of conduit up in my last house . Stuck it where coving would normaly go , very unobtrusive to the unknowing eye . 8x16mm iirc . Came down easily when I moved . You have to be quick putting it up though.
Good luck in your search
john

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom