Condor Season 2 (Sky) TV Show Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
came to this one late and binge watched season one in 2 days - excellent as you say Cas

i went straight into series 2 and i think you are a bit hard on it Cas for the episodes i have watched i still think it is better than most out there and i would have been like 7.5

how many s2 eps have you watched Cas?

came to this one late and binge watched season one in 2 days - excellent as you say Cas

i went straight into series 2 and i think you are a bit hard on it Cas for the episodes i have watched i still think it is better than most out there and i would have been like 7.5

how many s2 eps have you watched Cas?

I would have definitely agreed after the opening episode of S2, had plenty of promise, and even the second episode probably could have been forgiven, but I finished the third and just feel like it's drifting a little bit and lacks focus. I also think they've gone a bit weird with some of the characters (the CIA director) for no apparent reason. Too many missed opportunities for me. I'll still watch though, but it's nowhere near as focussed as Season 1.

maybe difficult after 3 of 10 eps but i am sticking with it to - i understand on other platforms next week the 10th episode will be shown

maybe difficult after 3 of 10 eps but i am sticking with it to - i understand on other platforms next week the 10th episode will be shown

Yup I'm on UK speed.

3 eps in, not bad i would give it a 6.5 so far, Agree with Cas its not got the same push as s1 but it may improve..

It definitely gets better towards the end of the season and i found one of the issues initially, was there are a lot of new characters who weren't in S1 and the first 4 episodes are introducing them and building up the story.

As i mentioned in the other Condor thread, the characters and actors playing them are just not as strong as the first season (i.e William Hurt, Mira Sorvino & Brendan Fraser) and Reuel Abbott (Bob Balaban) is largely wasted after being a central character in S1.

Saw it being Tracy Crane a mile off however

I have one more episode to go and would give it a 7/10, OK but nowhere near as good as the first season.

i have seen 9 eps as well and agree re your spoiler

still a very decent watch though overall

I would have definitely agreed after the opening episode of S2, had plenty of promise, and even the second episode probably could have been forgiven, but I finished the third and just feel like it's drifting a little bit and lacks focus. I also think they've gone a bit weird with some of the characters (the CIA director) for no apparent reason. Too many missed opportunities for me. I'll still watch though, but it's nowhere near as focussed as Season 1.
Condor season 2 seems preoccupied providing unexpected moments (sort of) 1 as it meanders along as a standard spy thriller, recycling a plot that was done much better in my former favourite spy thriller Berlin Station before that show too began to lose its Kudos with main actor Richard Armitage deciding to leave when he was needed the most.
My impression is that Condor is winding up as a series but all the same with a bit more budget the writers could have broadened the political stage into Washington or the Kremlin, such low grade operatives would not be allowed to be a political problem for long, especially Tracy Crane, or Joe Turner for that matter.
Kat Gnezdy (Isidora Goreshter) is my favourite character in season 2.
My rating is: 6 out of 10, I think most viewers wont miss this show if season 2 proves to be Condor's last.

I'm guessing season 2 doesn't tie up the plot threads which will never now be resolved?
If I know a show has been cancelled unexpectedly leaving cliff hangers, I won't bother watching it at all.

It definitely gets better towards the end of the season and i found one of the issues initially, was there are a lot of new characters who weren't in S1 and the first 4 episodes are introducing them and building up the story.

As i mentioned in the other Condor thread, the characters and actors playing them are just not as strong as the first season (i.e William Hurt, Mira Sorvino & Brendan Fraser) and Reuel Abbott (Bob Balaban) is largely wasted after being a central character in S1.

Saw it being Tracy Crane a mile off however

I have one more episode to go and would give it a 7/10, OK but nowhere near as good as the first season.

I actually think its gets steadily worse ... not better. I have watched the first 9 S2 episodes and reckon the whole thing could have been wrapped up in 5 episodes. They obviously used some unused footage from S1 in S2 too ... which is never a good sign. Can't see them doing a S3 personally.

Just watched the last one ..... apart from the last 5 mins .... was really poor. As I mentioned earlier I am pretty sure they used some unused footage from the first season ..... you will know what I mean with a certain scene in the last episode. 5/10 for S2 for me.

Last edited:
Can but only agree with the majority that 2 does not live up to 1. I binged 1 but a few episodes into 2 and I’m getting bored, the characters and premise are not as entertaining. Which is not surprising since the show had the confidence, unlike most, to bump off a lot of the main characters in 1 as it went along. But something lacking now.

Bob Balaban is seemingly untouched and going as normal despite planning the genocide of the first series.

Yeah S2 is a disappointment in comparison to S1 which had some issues imo as well but was a much more gripping story than what we get in S2. I don't even get what's motivating Joe in S2 or why he's even part of the story. At first I thought it was going to be about him
uncovering the truth behind uncle Bob's shady demise but that's glossed over until the final episode if I'm remembering it correctly when Joe learns about Gordon not being the mole from Bob Balaban's creepy character. The red herring with Reuel Abbot's new gf (is she or isn't she a Russian agent) fizzled out to nothing and was, on reflection, some romantic soap opera level storyline that really didn't do much to add conflict for his character. The Tracey storyline grew sillier and sillier the longer it dragged on. Maybe I'm missing something important but why would he expose himself to the risk of being uncovered by Volk in front of Joe, Sirin and Katya in the boatshed towards the end of the series? Also, Joe's a liability in the field and doesn't have the chops and guile to be a proper spy.

Edit - Also how convenient for Jaubert to turn up to Reuel Abbot's house in her swimming costume. That made me laugh rather than shock or thrill me.

Finished 2 now and it was OK but lacking by comparison to 1. No need for a third really, though I’d start it if they do. My favourite character was offed and not much else on offer.

hi all.
I see they cancelled this show?
S2 ends with cliff or has some kind of ending?
thx

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom