Concerts, who have you been to recently?

hi robb

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So AVF,

What concerts have you been to recently, or are going to soon?

I'm seeing this lot tonight. The warm up act is Public Enemy :)

D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448645315.517504.jpg

Courteeners in December, then Isle of Wight festival in June. Only band to be announced for that so far are Queen, well what is left of them anyway.

Saw From The Jam in Derby on Wednesday night. Also seen The Specials and Happy Mondays recently

Got tickets for The Stone Roses at the Etihad next summer. Can't wait for that one.

The last one was Adam Ant playing the Dirk Wears White Sox album. The next one is Adam Ant playing the Kings of the Wild Frontier album. Previous concerts were Adam Ant. I only like Adam Ant :D

Last week it was James Morrison and a couple of weeks prior to that it was Art Garfunkel. Jealous of you guys going to see Mumfords, when I tried to book all I got was redirection to those theiving b*****ds at Get me in.

Last week it was James Morrison and a couple of weeks prior to that it was Art Garfunkel. Jealous of you guys going to see Mumfords, when I tried to book all I got was redirection to those theiving b*****ds at Get me in.

Seen Art a few years ago in Glasgow and thought he was looking pretty old then, great gig though.

As for Mumfords, this will be our fourth time and still looking forward to seeing the band live where they excel. I would recommend signing up to their site, you usually get advance notice of gigs and purchasing options. I presume you know they're doing Hyde Park next year?

Mumford & Sons to headline Hyde Park in London in July

KH

Not really my thing but my missus recently went to see Scouting For Girls and said they were fantastic! She was buzzing for days!

So AVF,

What concerts have you been to recently, or are going to soon?

I'm seeing this lot tonight. The warm up act is Public Enemy :)

DView attachment 650296

Saw the Aberdeen leg on Sunday.

Fourth time I've seen PE - good as ever but have to admit The Prodigy blew them away.

The last one was Adam Ant playing the Dirk Wears White Sox album. The next one is Adam Ant playing the Kings of the Wild Frontier album. Previous concerts were Adam Ant. I only like Adam Ant :D
Adam and the ants was my first ever gig. Ice House in Grimsby circa 1981ish. Just as they had their first number one so gig already booked. Last one was Maroon 5 supported by Robin Thicke and both voices were flawless. That was a while ago though I tend to go to local pubs and see up and coming bands/singers as the prices these days are extortionate.
Sorry I forgot I went to see Tom Jones at Market Rasen race course in August (on after the races) and I was in total awe, close to tears on the Elvis song as I know from interviews they were quite close. His voice is better now than 50 years ago.

Seen Art a few years ago in Glasgow and thought he was looking pretty old then, great gig though.

As for Mumfords, this will be our fourth time and still looking forward to seeing the band live where they excel. I would recommend signing up to their site, you usually get advance notice of gigs and purchasing options. I presume you know they're doing Hyde Park next year?

Mumford & Sons to headline Hyde Park in London in July

KH
Yep. Outdoor concert for a 65 year old. Noooooooooooooo. Need my creature comforts like a good sit down.;)

Faithless - at Alexandra Palace Last Saturday. Epic SHow. My feet and legs hurt the next day from non stop dancing.

Saw the Aberdeen leg on Sunday.

PE - good as ever but have to admit The Prodigy blew them away.

Completely agree with that statement.

The Prodigy were absolutely mental, the entire place was jumping.

D

Bought tickets yesterday to see The Cure, 2nd Dec 2016!!!

Last 'concert' I saw was an orchestra play the score to Gladiator with the film at the Royal Albert Hall 18 months ago. Yep my days off seeing a gig every other week are long gone :(

Katzenjammer in bloemendaal openluchttheater Holland , best gig ever !!!

Went to see Bill Bailey last night in the local leisure centre!

No allocated seating, so just by getting there @ 6.30 for an 8.00 start, we got to sit in the front row, right in the middle :)

To say they had essentially built a venue in a sports hall, the sound was very good indeed. A Meyer Sound Leopard curvilinear array with matched front fills - which is about as good as it gets at the moment was used and the engineer did a very fine job of the mix.

He really is a very talented bloke that Bill Bailey. The death metal version of Bob the Builder will live with me for many years...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom