1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concert for Bangladesh

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by caleb, Jan 21, 2005.

1. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone out there have the DVD of the concert, or know where I can get a new or good used one?

CALEB

2. CeeGee

CeeGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Highly unlikely that this would be given a release in South America yet nowhere else in the world.

Brazil is notorious for its "official" releases that turn out to be nothing of the sort. Particularly music DVDs.

The estate of the late George Harrison is preparing this movie for its DVD and remastered CD release. I'd put money on any DVD copies out there before then being pirates.

4. CeeGee

CeeGee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So you are saying that Amazon are selling pirate DVDs through their site?
    Queen's 86 Wembley concert was not available in the UK; I got hold of a South American copy - region 0. Was that a pirate DVD? Unlikely, as it was a 2DVD edition with all the extras that are on the version now available in this country. Would a pirate producer bother with the extras?
    I suggest you also check out IMDB: http://uk.imdb.com/ where you will see that the DVD has been released in the USA and Canada.

5. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    I'm not saying that these definitely are pirate copies, hence the phrase "highly unlikely" in my post, and as I have stated Brazil is notorious for dodgy (albeit high quality) DVDs.

Amazon is not selling the disc directly but through one of their "Used and New" third party sellers. These range from mail order shops, other on-line retailers and private individuals. They supply the goods - not Amazon. Amazon just offer a "safe" way of dealing with them.

Accordingly, you are guaranteed legit merchandise directly from Amazon, but through their "Used and New" service - well, you pays your money and you takes your chances. I have one friend who was stung by two supposedly "factory sealed" OOP "Walt Disney Treasures" titles without tin boxes. Both bogus.

But as I've stated, I'm not saying they're definitely pirates, but just that with an all new re-mastered, extras-packed, re-release in the works from the Harrison estate, why risk it?

6. caleb

caleb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the info about the DVD being released.

After doing some research I would agree with you that it is highly likely to be a copy as I cannot find any mention of it being released yet "officially" on DVD - only on VHS tape.

I have seen the concert at a friend's house some years ago and it will certainly make for "recomended viewing when it is released and remastered.

CALEB

7. mik

mik

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I hate to say it but the_pauley is probably right :) This as been around the bootleg community for a while and is a vhs transfer as caleb states

8. gamerfreak2002

gamerfreak2002
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So does anybody actually have a copy of this?