Concerns about voltage and power cord issues (wireless broadband router)

Discussion in 'Networking & NAS' started by rollingstone06, Aug 29, 2006.

1. rollingstone06

rollingstone06

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope to be able to get from Amazon.com a wireless router. However, I have voltage incompatibility concerns. Any North Americans here who can check the base of their router to check if this is labelled on it?:

"INPUT:AC 100V- 240V~ 1.0A 50 / 60 Hz"

I really need to know, since I'm in continental Europe, and hence have 230v, 50 Hz. If there's only "110v" labelled, I'd have to get a voltage regulator, and would then think twice about buying it.

Also, I notice that the power adaptor, for the North American market, has a 2-pinned prong. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming that I wouldn't be able to use that power cord here, because it's a 110v only power cord, right, and therefore I'll have to buy a European voltage cord for it separately? Plz advise on this issue, too!

Cheers...thanks in advance,
    RS :hiya:

2. evo6

evo6
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    its a different power adaptor with most routers, or the adaptor will switch between either.

However, make sure if its an ADSL router its compatable with your countrys phone system, I know TV cards is an absolute nightmare in france etc.

3. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12,485
    Why not just buy the local spec version for your country?