Concerns about a DFGT wheel

charlie0166

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all - hard question for anyone to answer but I will ask it anyway: I borrowed a friends wheel and pedals the other night and tested it on GT5P. It's the first time I have used one, so I wanted to check if my experience is normal or if there is a problem. When using the wheel the resistance/force feedback seems a bit on or off - when in a straight line it feels 'off' with the wheel quite loose and the control quite imprecise, then when you turn in to a corner the resistance comes on rather abruptly. This makes holding a smooth line in a corner quite difficult, and significantly reduces the benefit that i expected to get. My friend bought it second hand and has never used one before or since so he doesn't know whether it's supposed to be like that or not - and nor do I. So, is this normal? Is it broken? Would it be the same with a G27?
Got GT5 today and want to get the best out of it. if the current experience with a wheel is as good as it gets, I won't buy one. If a G27 will be a step change better I will....
many thanks

That sounds about right to me, that is how force feedback works I think, you can feel the road sort of thing

It sounds normal, but to be fair, GT5P isn't the best game to demonstrate force feedback.

GT5 is much much better, & F1 2010 is pretty smart as well. Even NFS Shift had better feedback than GT5P.

I don't have any experience with the G25/G27 but have heard that the feeback is smoother than the DFGT due to the better gearing mechanism.

As GT5 was programmed to primarily use the DFGT, I find it works really well, & couldn't be happier with it.

How are you using the wheel. On your lap or mounted to somthing?

How are you using the wheel. On your lap or mounted to somthing?

You couldn't use a DFGT on your lap, it could do you a serious gentlemans injury!:eek:.

I think most people who buy one are initially not sure what to bolt it to, & so might try the lap thing, but you get about 2 yards round the first corner, & realise that it's just not possible without potentially losing the family jewels or your kneecaps.

Or was that just me?:rolleyes:

I just got one for christmas but did not tried it out jet as I got my ps3 in my bedroom and I lying down on my bed when I play.
So I am going to make some stand or table where I can fix the steering wheel on. Though for the pedals I still have to see how I can make something so I can use it under an angle so I can manage it properly.

Now I wonder if I can use the steering wheel without the pedals and use the X and O for accelerating and breaking?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom