Question Concerning Sony Motionflow XR

Geoff_W

I am trying to understand the pro's & con's and differences between the various speeds of Motionflow. I understand that the higher speeds are largely a marketing ploy and do not necessarily gain much additional advantage over basic processing. Specifically, I am looking at two Sony models - KD43XE8004 and KD43XE8005. The basic difference between these TV's is that the 8004 model has Motionflow XR 100Hz and the 8005 model is Motionflow XR 200Hz. As I believe both models have a panel refresh rate of 100Hz, what benefits do the different Motionflow rates give?

Also, if Motionflow is primarily about creating additional interpolated frames, how does the 'strength' setting of Low, Medium or High actually affect the interpolation process, ie are more or less frames added depending on the setting?

dts

Distinguished Member
All lcd panels are 50htz and not 100htz. Go for the 200htz model as you will have more control over what the motionflow software that Sony use is better.

Geoff_W

Thanks dts. You're right, both panels are 50Hz native refresh rate according to Sony's spec. I'll definitely look towards the 200Hz model then. It looks like John Lewis sells the 8005, but others like Richer Sounds and Currys/PC World seem to only sell the 8004.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom