Concern about Marantz AV7705

Topmetom 2

Distinguished Member
I don’t think it will be perfect, but if there’s a perfect processor out there please let me know!! 😁
Many on here say there is bit its danishhh and i dare not speak its name as the throngs of the obsessed will be along to tell you to buy one as nothing else is as perfect..

exm

I am planning to pair a Marantz AV7705 with the Monolith 7X amp. I will have 5 speakers in-wall and 2 Atmos ceiling speakers.

My concern is this. After ordering the 7705 I came across this review where the reviewer basically concludes the 7705 is junk.

I don’t understand what he’s measuring or how his results would play out during real-world listening. It’s possible he’s measuring performance when the unit is pushed to the very edge and it would do fine when set to the preferable volume levels of the average listener?

Anyone out there own the 7705 and can speak to its quality? Thanks.

Good old Amir. I always enjoy reading his reviews, but I wouldn't base a purchasing decision on it. The Marantz processors have always been well reviewed, and I've owned my fair share of them (up to the AV8805). In my opinion, you can't go wrong at this price point.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom