Concept 20s with Q Acoustic Speaker Cables

dadneedshifi

Hi all,

This forum was incredibly helpful pairing me — after some trial and error — with a Rotel RA 1572 and Q Acoustic Concept 20s.

My wife and I are doing a bit of refurbishing on our living room and she agreed to the Q Acoustic stands. This has completely changed the cable length I need, so I need to buy new cable, it isn’t an option.

But I’d love to get thoughts on your experiences with Q Acoustic cables. Make any difference? Have you tried the X25, the anniversary cables, the reference XT40i?

I’ve been using Blue Jeans cables and they’ve been treating me fine.

Anyway, would love your thoughts.

Dadneedshifi

ashenfie

Most here will tell you expensive cables make no difference and I am in that camp and also use blue Jeans cables that are prebuilt as they are solid and good value.

muljao

Go to Amazon. Search for cables that are 2.5mm in diameter, get the one that suits astetics and has a load of good reviews, job done

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Go to Amazon. Search for cables that are 2.5mm in diameter, get the one that suits astetics and has a load of good reviews, job done
Should that be 2.5sq.mm cross section (or AWG13), 2.5mm diameter is roughly 5sq.mm cross section (AWG10)?

muljao

Should that be 2.5sq.mm cross section (or AWG13), 2.5mm diameter is roughly 5sq.mm cross section (AWG10)?
I mean 2.5mm diameter as opposed to cross section area. I believe 2.5mm to be considered optimal for most domestic uses, but I'm open to correction

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
Not sure if this helps, but I typically suggest 2.5sq.mm cross section which is good for over 15m at 4 ohm load.

speaker-cables.png

This thread may also be useful.

dadneedshifi

Not sure if this helps, but I typically suggest 2.5sq.mm cross section which is good for over 15m at 4 ohm load.

speaker-cables.png

This thread may also be useful.

Thanks, that’s really helpful.

And any thoughts on the efficacy of biwiring?

acgingersnaps

Hi. I used Mark Grant, as I wanted a professional looking finish (you can see my cables as the speakers are side on to the door). They use Van damme cables, which have a very solid reputation.
As above don't bother with bi-wiring or spending the earth. Sufficient is good enough for speaker cables.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom