Concealing HC cabinet

johna

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where you can buy a tv cabinet - the type that can conceal everything when your gears not in use not in use.

preferably online?

Thanks in advance

John

I have just had a cabinet built to my own specs.

basically copied the £800 arca cabinet, they very kindly put the diagrams on their website, and got someone local to give me a quote using reclaimed material for a more worn in look.

just been given the quote, £300. chuffed to bits, was expecting it to be at least the same as arca charge, if not a lttle more.

I am then putting an infared eye into the front of it costing £99 but it has 6 sensors so it will controll all my kit, and it is very tidy looking.

200cherry.jpg

so maybe it is worth ringing round locally, seems cheaper to get one made to your exact spec. than buy dedicated.

nice design

good idea i think i might follow that route

thanks

john

the one i was looking at is here but it seems to have gone up a bit in price.

didnt really want to pay over £100 so may have a look what else they have.

my mistake the Xantech is the one arca use and that was always expensive, it was the hot link pro that i had decided on.

Gizlaroc do you have the web address for Arca

gizlaroc,

could you organise a power-buy? ;)

Ditton

"Made it up from my own head Sir, nuff there for three more."

http://www.arcafurniture.net/

that is the url for arca.

As far as going for a powerbuy the price i got for £299 was through a friend. he gets the furniture made up for that price then adds his margin like any other retailer.

However I have spoke to him and as a favour he says that he will sell a few more at this price.

my cabinet should be done in 2 weeks, as soon as i have it finished i will post some pics. should be almost identical to the arca above.
as i said before the reason for having it custom built was that i prefered reclaimed wood. but if there is enough interest then the £300 price could be reached easily.

The doors can be made with frosted glass, acoustic cloth or in the wood.

Anyway as soon as i have my unit i will post the pics.

Hi,

With an enclosed cabinet how are you dealing with heat build up?

Thanks

Graham

because it was custom made i specified the requied space around each component.

Also there is no back panel because of wiring, so that lets heat escape.

gizlaroc, any update ? Pics ?

Mike.

Mike the cabinet is made and ready for collection, but, I have put off collecting it because my room isn't completed yet and it will just be in the way at the moment.

May collect it this weekend though as i guess it is in their way too.

As soon as it is collected i will post some hi res pics so you can see the thing properly.

Guy

Gents,

A bit late on the post but FYI I looked around for a peice of non-av furniture that fitted into the decor of the room and took a jigsaw to its ass!!!!

Basically I found a wine cabinet that housed about 20 odd bottles of wine on the bottom and wine glasses on the top. The unit cost me about £200. Got it home, got out the jigsaw, cut of the back panel for cables and removed the wine holders from the bottom. I then put in a remote eye as discussed above.

I bought the eye from www.letsautomate.com

Everyones a winner!!! You can't see the kit, Theres somewhere to keep the wine glasses and the furniture is Wife approved:D

I think it worked out to about £300 all in.

Stace

We need pics, stace. Pics. No pics, no prize ;)

Mike.

come on get your camera out !!!

:)

I've just taken some pics. How do I put them in the post???

Nothin like being an Global IT Services Manager and can't work out what to do with a jpeg !! :blush: !!

Stace

1. Upload 'em to some webspace (your ISP's, usually via an FTP connection).

2. Post link here.

3. Await thumb-ups or, -downs ;)

Mike.

Originally posted by Stace
I've just taken some pics. How do I put them in the post???

Nothin like being an Global IT Services Manager and can't work out what to do with a jpeg !! :blush: !!
[/B]

middle management then? thats where all the money goes :)

maybe an idea to save them as a jpeg first, at medium quility so they are not 1meg each.
jo do have photoshop kicking around i hope.

if not email me one and i will resize it and post it for you.

gizlaroc,

Any pics of your custom build yet ? I'd would also be interested in your 'friend's supply as I've been looking for sometime for a custom builder of wood av furniture. I'd got a quote from a guy in South Africa (£800 incl shipping) for something similar to what you've had built. Sounds like your friend could make a killing here.

i still havent collected it yet, or seen the finished unit for that matter.

i am trying to put it off for as long as possible because my room is still not finished.

having said that i don't want to take the p|ss and leave it there too long so I may collect it sunday and post some pics then.

Pics as requested.

I'm sure its's not upto the standard of an expensive unit but it meets my needs and with the amount I've saved I bought copius amounts of beer :D

What's the point of DVD without beer??? :devil: ???

Stace

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom