1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concealing DIY screen

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by lostprophet, Feb 20, 2005.

1. lostprophet

lostprophet

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi Guys,

Woke up with what I think is a cunning plan! Had an idea of a way to cover my DIY screen (its just a sheet of painted MDF with black border). Thought about making a canvas to size and having it painted (I'm fortunate enough to have some very talented friends who will do this for me!). Then I can mount this in some way in front of the screen. I'm thinking of using fitted wardrobe door runners as these give me the length I need to be able to slide it down, exposing the screen, drawer runners just aren't long enough.

Any input? Just an idea in my head at the moment but I thought it would be pretty cool to slide a painting down to reveal the screen. Any other ideas of how I could do this?

2. jasper_mccrea

jasper_mccrea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I had an idea where a painting would roll over to reveal a screen. I don't mean roll over like the big billboard adverts, more like a hard screen folds down from the top, then raises itself to the same height. Same again when you've finished watching.

I couldn't really work out how it would do that, though, and having sold my projector, it's not a big priority to work out how to do it, either :)