Concealing DIY screen

craigyl

Established Member
Hi Guys,

Woke up with what I think is a cunning plan! Had an idea of a way to cover my DIY screen (its just a sheet of painted MDF with black border). Thought about making a canvas to size and having it painted (I'm fortunate enough to have some very talented friends who will do this for me!). Then I can mount this in some way in front of the screen. I'm thinking of using fitted wardrobe door runners as these give me the length I need to be able to slide it down, exposing the screen, drawer runners just aren't long enough.

Any input? Just an idea in my head at the moment but I thought it would be pretty cool to slide a painting down to reveal the screen. Any other ideas of how I could do this?

jasper_mccrea

Established Member
I had an idea where a painting would roll over to reveal a screen. I don't mean roll over like the big billboard adverts, more like a hard screen folds down from the top, then raises itself to the same height. Same again when you've finished watching.

I couldn't really work out how it would do that, though, and having sold my projector, it's not a big priority to work out how to do it, either :)

The latest video from AVForums

Tribit StormBox Blast Bluetooth Speaker: Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom