Question Concealing cables around wood burner

Walshy252

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all

I'm hoping for some advice or thoughts on how to best conceal cables for a wall mounted TV above a log burning stove. It's probably worth saying from the off that I have read up on the pros and cons and I am intending to resolve the issues with heat with a mantle to deflect heat, and a tilt bracket to reduce viewing angle issues.

I have power sockets either side of the chimney breast and the log burner will be installed dead centre with the mantle directly above. The TV would go directly above that.

So what is the best way to install cable management from the tv down to an A/V system on a stand on the floor next to the chimney breast? Ideally I'd like to make it as future proof as possible but also as little intrusion as possible too in order to save reskimming the entire wall.

Picture attached to show the space. The existing fireplace will be removed for the log burner install.

Many thanks!

Attachments

• 20171006_205900.jpg
    20171006_205900.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 484
Did you get very far with this? I'm going to be doing the same soon and I need some inspiration!

Thanks

Did you get very far with this? I'm going to be doing the same soon and I need some inspiration!

Thanks

We opted for the least invasive approach and have been really pleased with the outcome. The short description is:
- Surround sound and AV (Now TV, Blu Ray) on a tv stand in the recess to the right hand side of the fireplace
- Cable management trunking kit running up the side of the wall, painted to match wall colour
- 10mm groove cut in to wood beam over log burner with a router to conceal cables across the front of the chimney and up behind the tv.

Will try and post a photo tomorrow.

We opted for the least invasive approach and have been really pleased with the outcome. The short description is:
- Surround sound and AV (Now TV, Blu Ray) on a tv stand in the recess to the right hand side of the fireplace
- Cable management trunking kit running up the side of the wall, painted to match wall colour
- 10mm groove cut in to wood beam over log burner with a router to conceal cables across the front of the chimney and up behind the tv.

Will try and post a photo tomorrow.
That would be brilliant thanks!

@Walshy252

I'm think of doing same, installing a TV above an insert wood burner. Please can you share pictures of your installation

Placing a TV above a wood burning stove is not ideal, way too much heat rising into the TV. Also in most cases the TV is far to high up the wall to enjoy you will end up with a stiff neck. The ideal centre of the TV should be 42" above the ground = eye level and sat down. Placing above a fire is way too high.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom