Conan the destroyer se region 2 UK coming august 2004!

T

thebatman31

castle home video is releasing a special edition of conan the destroyer this august on dvd. does anyone have any info about it?

I found a couple of UK online stores that have a conan the destroyer se coming in august 2004. This year marks the 20th Anniversary of conan the destroyer. I was wondering when the america is going to get the region 1 se.. here is what I would like to see on the conan the destroyer se for region 1 release: www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglasp2/conan2dreamdvd.html

here are the two links from the UK about the conan the destroyer se: Castle Home Video is releasing the dvd.
http://www.virginmegastores.co.uk/pws/ViewObject.vms?origin=pwssearchresult.jsp&event=link(pwsviewobject)&ot=review&ps_euk=556768

http://www.mvc.co.uk/common/product.jhtml?pid=30067559

thank you,

Jacob

It's a shame it's such a lousy sequel.

It's soooo lame compared to the first. I can't believe Dino De Laurentis didn't want John Milius to do the second film -- Milius loved the character and wanted to do a whole series of them, charting Conan's rise and fall in an epic saga.

CtD is a pale, trashy imitation directed (admittedly by an otherwise talented director) in a pallid, insipid style with no conception of fantasy as anything other than camp straining.

Tracey Walter is almost unwatchable in this. Almost as bad ad Red Sonja. CtB is far truer to the spirit of Robert E. Howard (despite what a slavering army of naysayers will tell you).

regards,
anephric

Agree with anephric.

This is an AWFUL sequel which doesn't even deserve to be put on a barebones DVD, let alone a Special Edition!

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

I've got the R4 SE.

I have the german region 2 and the australia region 4.. same version.

I am not saying that conan the destroyer is better then conan the barbarian. I think if they released the uncut version of conan the destroyer, that it will be much better. it has more sex and violences in the uncut version.

JACOB

Originally posted by thebatman31
I think if they released the uncut version of conan the destroyer, that it will be much better. it has more sex and violences in the uncut version.

So that makes it better :confused:

would have the same R rating as the first movie.

Jacob

its a bad movie, but when you see it in 2.35:1 you can at least appreciate the cinematography.

Conan The Barbarian is, and will always be, my fave Arnie flick. Half of that's down to Basil Poledouris's score. Bombastic to the max :thumbsup:

I know that its not a favorite among the conan fans.. but I like the movie. My favorite lady was in it. she has recorded a commentary track for it.
It should be interesting.
www.angelfire.com/ca4/sarahdouglas
she also appeared in Superman 2 as Ursa.
JACOB

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom