computer to projector via amp. problems

C

cyrusk

Hi All

I have just bought my Cambridge Audio Azur 540R. I have got it all working except my computer. I have got a svga to component cable going from my puter to the amp. Then I have a component to svga cable from the amp to my projector. This doesnt seem to work, anyone know why???? Would it be the signal not being converted properly.

Just so you know, I have my dvd player hooked up to the amp with some component to compnent cables. This works great when going to the projector via the amp.

Would it be that the svga to compnent cable doesnt convert the signal properly.

Can anyone help me please.

Thanks a lot.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Hello cyrusUK

An HD15(VGA) to 3RCA cable only works if the PC is set to Output a YPbPr 'Component' signal on its HD15(VGA) Output.

As standard your PC Outputs a Progressive RGBHV signal - the 'adapter' cable simply transmits whatever you pass through it; the cable has no 'conversion' abilities.

Assuming your PC can Output a 'Component' signal I'd connect it directly to your Projector to begin with and once you have that working then introduce the AV Receiver into the signal path.

Best regards

Joe

C

cyrusk

Hi Joe

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately my projector doesnt have component in, only s-video or the svga. I have connected it directly with the computer monitor cable and this works fine, so I think you are right.

Is it possible to change my computer output to the YPbPr. My computer is a couple of years old so I am not sure if I can.

If not I think I will have to get a double adaptor so I can plug my amp and the computer direct into the svga input on the projector.

What are your thoughts on this????

Thanks in advance.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
cyrusuk

Converting a PC Video Output (RGBHV) to any form of Video signal is not ideal and generally involves a lot of cost and hassle to generate a soft image - best to simply connect the PC Graphics card directly to the Projector and avoid trying to run it via the AV Receiver video section.

I'd be careful introducing a 2.1 VGA Distribution amplifier to enable connectivity for both your PC and your AV Receiver to the Projector as most VGA Distribution amps will not pass a YPbPr signal.

You could use the likes of a Zektor HDS4.1 Switcher (with suitable cables) as its a straight through 'passive' switch and doesn't care if your passing YPbPr + Stereo or RGBHV; see http://www.zektor.com/hds41/index.html

You may be able to do something similar with a JS Technology Master Component controller for less money; see http://www.js-technology.com/produc...id=49&osCsid=ca72db1539143f8846c886041733c072

I haven't tried this with the JS Tech box - it might be worth a quick word with Dr John (AVForums member - Symanski) to see what he thinks.

Best regards

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom