1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

computer to plasma connection

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by sirata, Aug 19, 2003.

1. sirata

sirata

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    ;) I am undecided yet as to either plasma or projector,but as
    i am re modeling the lounge i want to put in the necessary cables before wallpaper etc
    my question is, if i went down the plasma route, what cable
    would i need to connect my computer to a plasma,would
    all plasmas be the same, or would it vary from make to make.

How are plasmas for viewing the net ?

Thanks

Dave

2. tbrar

tbrar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sirata,

If possible connect your computer to plasma by DVI (Digital Video Interface). Not all Plasma's have DVI inputs, but they are more common now, two off the top of my head are:- Pioneer PDP-433MXE & Panasonic TH-42PWD6.

Youll need to look for a dual link DVI for displaying at the highest resolutions. Have a look at the following:-

http://www.lindy.com/uk/dvi_cable.html?ps_session=675f246c507f312b9185743549454b1b

All plasma's connectivity does vary from panel to panel, hence will need a bit of research. Also you will need to consider native resolutions, whether they are progressive or interlaced displays, the latter know as ALiS panels.

Some people have gone down the route of a Home Cinema PC as their main source for Video and Audio to the Panel and Amp. You can get more information on this by looking at the HCPC forum.

Tony

3. mutation

mutation

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sirata

Hi there, i've recently bought a hitachi plasma and a msi mega (mini barebones) and have this connected via a straight forward vga 15 dtype cable.

once you have changed a few settings on both the plasma and the pc the picture quality is fantastic, dvd playback is excellent, better than my standalone player as is divx. the net is great for browsing and games run smoothely.

i highly recomend it

4. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I am currently trying to tweak my text sizes in Windows so that all the various menus, window titles etc. are nice and readable from 9 feet away. The only problems I am having is I cannot find the settings for test in drop down menus, and websites which do not use text which can be resized using the Size button in IE.

Pointers would be gratefully recieved.

Apart from the ergonomic shock of looking up at the wall while typing, its brilliant! :D

5. Darren Blake

Darren Blake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Mutation, please can you publish your settings for your PC and screen? I'm having a play with mine at the moment but if you've already gone through it knowing what you ended up with would be handy.

TIA,