1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer sound card to audio switch box

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by licence2ill, Aug 27, 2004.

1. licence2ill

licence2ill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying to connect my computer to an audio selector box.

i used a 3.5mm plug to RCA cable...then coupled it to another RCA cable into the audio selector box, but the sound is very quiet and definately not the way it should be. The box works perfectly with the other inputs, and going straight to the speakers w/o the box from the computer doesn't work either, so its not the box...must be the connection from 3.5 to RCA or somewhere along that....

any help would be appreciated, Thanks

:confused:

2. Gerard Fernand

Gerard Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Have you adjusted the volume output level of the computer?

The output from the card may be a variable speaker level rather than a fixed line level. It is sometimes possible to change the audio output type by the use of a jumper on the sound card.

Is ypur cable a 3.5mm STEREO jack to 2xPhono?

3. licence2ill

licence2ill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes, i tried to adjust the volumes on the computer, and on the speakers..but no luck.

what is a jumper for the sound card?

i didn't think it would do this because the speakers are computer speakers...
    logitech z5300's

the cable is stereo 3.5 to 2xRCA

thanks

4. Gerard Fernand

Gerard Fernand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    The jumper is a small block connector across a couple of pins. They are widely used on PC components where component parameters require to be set. They are situated on specific component cards etc. Based on your last post, I do not think this is the problem.

What sound card do you have and is it possible to change the cards output settings in software. i.e STEREO, MULTICHANNEL?

What output are you using on the card?

What input are you using on the speaker system. I tried to find a PDF manual on Logitech's site but they don't have one for viewing or download.

Thier site indicates the sound cards settings as the probable problem. Assuming the correct connections have been made.